How Many of You Would Relax if...

Would you relax if you were guaranteed thickness?

• Yes

Votes: 40 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 97 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely would not relax if I knew for sure thickness would ensue. Relaxing is the kiss of death for my hair. I made the mistake of texlaxing about 7 mo ago and now I'm trying to grow that crap out. I really like the freedom that comes along with natural hair :)

Sent from my dope as f**k Galaxy SIII ;-)

Hair was thick relaxed but limp/ lifeless not as versatile and couldn't retain length as well

I totally agree. I could not imagine going back to relaxers. I would be very board!!! It's not versatile not to mention extremely damaging. I have yet to see a relaxed style that I couldn't achieve, but relaxed girls often drool over my styles that they could never achieve. I would also say try not to make drastic hair decisions when your frustrated with your hair. Remember everyone has bad hair days no mater what the texture.

I would never relax my hair again with hydroxide-base relaxers because I am enjoying the look of my curly thio-permed hair too much. I've always wanted care-free curly hair and I can achieve that look now. I hate the way I look with straight hair which is why I always hated my hair with relaxers as a kid and I only straightened my hair as a natural to try to BKT it to loosen the curl some.

My mom would get so mad at me when I was younger and she would spend money on a relaxer and straight style on me at the salon and the next day I would wet it and be scrunching my hair in the mirror trying to get to to curl some because my hair never relaxed bone straight and I wanted that wash and go look before I even knew it was called that lol.

So no I will probably wear my hair natural or curly permed from now on but not relaxed anymore.

Not relaxing again because of the damage? How about not relaxing again because we love our texture? My hair was silky smooth with a relaxer...but I can still get it silky smooth and flowing while natural (see signature) AND I can wear an afro, a voluminous twistout, or a WNG as well. Soo many more options with natural hair, IMO. That's why I wouldn't relax again.
exactly! I love my curls, they are awesome. My hair can still be sleek and straight natural so what's the point. I think natural hair is magical tbh. At least it's very versatile.

My hair isn't really thick but when it's curly it appears thick. So I'm good. Relaxers gave me sores and chemical burns. I'm never going back.

...Okay I'd relax if I got paid, but without money it's a no go.

exactly! I love my curls, they are awesome. My hair can still be sleek and straight natural so what's the point. I think natural hair is magical tbh. At least it's very versatile.

My hair isn't really thick but when it's curly it appears thick. So I'm good. Relaxers gave me sores and chemical burns. I'm never going back.

...Okay I'd relax if I got paid, but without money it's a no go.

Exactly. I can be a straight haired natural if I want to (but don't) and I have scalp sores that finally healed up 3 years post relaxer (I think they're healed) :nono:

Except you couldn't pay me. You could pay me to cut it, but not relax.

I wouldn't because relaxing chewed up, and dried out my hair. I also like to color my hair, so I know that is part of the reason relaxers are so damaging for me.

No. After being natural I decided to texlax because I wanted to show my length and I was tired of SSK's. Now I'm transitioning back to natural because...

1. I miss my coils and natural texture

2. Hair gets knotty and tangled- all hair does so why change my hair because of a few SSK's which were probably caused my using the flat iron too much.

I included some pics to show that natural hair just fits us. I'm not against relaxed hair at all I'm just missing what I used to have.

1st pic is a straight hair weave
2nd pic- natural hair bun
3rd pic- few months after the big chop
4th pic- natural hair day after a wash n go
5th pic- texlaxed wash n go- my current look

Attachments

• meee.jpg
    meee.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 111
  • bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1852-vi.jpg
    IMG_1852-vi.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 201109072016_17_081-vi.jpg
    201109072016_17_081-vi.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 2013-02-25 16.02.44.jpg
    2013-02-25 16.02.44.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 170
I will never relax again for the following reasons:

1. I'm too much of a style chameleon to have my hair one texture all the time.
2. My hair has three different curl patterns and two different textures, so relaxing was never uniform.
3. I had no length retention, even though my hair grew at an above average rate.
4. I love my hair right now.

Yes, shrinkage is a pain, but I'm in the military; so it works to my advantage:grin:! Also, I love the surprise I give myself when I stretch my hair out. It's like, man my hair is short (stretch curl)...ha ha no it's not! :lol:

I just couldn't do it...Although I was never truly relaxed (more so texlaxed, I only used to process my hair for a few minutes about 2-3 times per year)

Why?
1) The smell was :nono:
2) My poor little scalp lol
3) It made my hair feel flat

With that said, If I went back to relaxed in another universe I know for sure it would be healthy because of all the things I've learned from lhcf :yep:

But I am absolutely in love with natural hair!! The thickness...the versatility...the BIGness (if you will) is just amazing to me.

I DO hope, though, that someday there will be ANOTHER option to relaxing, preferably something that is plant based, non-toxic and super-safe that will stretch our curls enough to help show off some more length. :yep:

I will never go back to a relaxer. For me, natural hair is so easy to maintain. I love how thick and healthy my hair looks and feels. I just love my natural hair.
:heart2::heart2::heart2:

I would relax if it was guaranteed that all of my hair would not fall out. I can not wear a perm

I would relax as my hair looks lovely when it's first relaxed thick shiny then it starts to break

I wouldn't know what to do with straight hair. I get clueless when that happens on my straightened natural hair and I'm not the type of person to do wet sets and the like on relaxed hair. I never did before and i think i will be too lazy and frustrated to do now. It's only been a bit over 4 years but going back to relaxed would mean me relearning everything all over again and I ain't about that life. Besides my SO said he would shave my hair if I ever got a relaxer.

I still don't know if he was joking or not...

---------
sent from my accident prone Acer

I will probably relax until I die because:

-relaxed hair is not the debil

-relaxed hair can grow long

-relaxed hair can be thick

-relaxed hair is not hard to maintain

-relaxed heads do not run from the rain

-relaxed heads aren't chained to a stylist or salon

-relaxed hair isn't straight all the time

-relaxed hair is not limp and flat

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

LOL, love it!!! Those are all the reasons I would never relax!

Thank you!!!

Back