How Many Leave-Ins Do You Use On Wet Hair?

Daisimae

I'm thinking about trying Fermodyl since it is on sale at Sallys. I've read some good things about it. Right now I am 6-weeks post relaxer. I will be getting a touch-up in 10 days, with a no-lye relaxer. I use permanent hair color. My hair is very dry.

I wash twice a week. After pre-poo, poo'ing, PC and DC'ing w/heat I use:

Sunsilk Straighten-up 24/7 creme on my hairline, front, side and back.
Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 creme all over. This stuff works wonders.
Sunsilk De-Frizz 24/7 creme on my ends.
I spray in Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea spray for the Silk Amino Acids,
then Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in for superior detangling.
I either blow-dry or rollerset.

After my hair is dry I use ORS Olive Oil lotion (bottle), on wash days. Daily I moisturize with Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer. I also use Suave Extra Strength Leave-In on my ends daily.

I do a hot oil treatment every week (Proclaim Aloe), light protein treatment (Aphogee 2-min), every other week and a hard Aphogee every eight weeks. Those have stopped my breaking a shedding.

Would adding Fermodyl 619 for extra moisture , before the Sunsilks, be too much? Between being double-processed, the no-lye relaxer and my hair being naturally dry, I think my head can use all the moisture it can get.

I have used up to 4 at a time depending on my hair's needs.:look:

But now, I use 2 (tryna keep it simple):
Sunsilk Leave-in creme and Biolage leave-in spray as a detangler.

Sometimes I may seal the cream leave-in with Eqyss Survivor detangler (which is good but I won't be repurchasing since it is not needed).

Oh and I also add extra leave-in on the last 5 inches of the hair and seal with some Softee grease.

I try and be simple, but oh well. I just do me. *shrugs* Not trying to be no one else except me.

Ps: I use Sunsilk TLC cream and seal with pure coconut oil for my dialy moisturizing. That's it.

Which one of the creams (sunsilk's) do you like best? I have a sample of the straighten up, since I am out of my TLC cream.

no more than 3....

if i'm going to airdry i use Giovanni Direct leave-in or Kenra Straightening Serum (both are water based) and then i'll use a little bit of castor oil to seal

if i'm going to blow-dry then i'll use one of the afore-mentioned water based leave-ins topped with Chi Silk Infusion mixed w/ a Fantasia Serum.

Last edited:
usually one leave in (whatever I have at the time) and Avocado butter.

ETA: or a leave in and castor oil.

One leave in, and a little dab of butter or oil to seal.

Lately I've been skipping the butter although, and just smoothing a little Humectress over my freshly washed, damp hair.

I am glad that you guys think 2 is not too much. I always wondered about that.

The 2 I use always work perfectly for me. My hair is never weighed down and is very moisturized.

LocksOfLuV said:
Which one of the creams (sunsilk's) do you like best? I have a sample of the straighten up, since I am out of my TLC cream.

I love Hydra TLC the most. That stuff is excellent! I didn't know what moisturized hair was until I used that. It last from poo to poo too. Straighten-Up is excellent for laying down my new growth. If I didn't have someplace to go 2 weeks from now, I would stretch my relaxer out. This stuff lays my ng DOWN! The De-Frizz on my ends was an afterthought, but, I'm glad I did it.

I forgot to mention, I do seal the moisture with coconut oil, but, not every day. My hair doesn't seem to like as much oil. I use it mostly on the parts of my hair my wig and phonie ponie attach too. I apply coconut oil in those areas with a small toothbrush, no breakage yet.

I usually use just one, but sometimes two depending on how my hair feels. Lacio Lacio for sure, and sometimes I'll throw some Nexxus Headress or Fermodyl in the mix, especially after a protein treatment.

It depends...

Most of the time I will use fermodyl after a wash followed by a mixture of either NTM & Castor Oil or Kids Organics Shea Butter & Castor Oil.

I now have Aveda USC & Hang straight, which so far has been okay, I don't know if I will repurchase.

I also like Sunsilk Straighten Up, it seems to make my hair really straight but the ingredients don't look too great so I don't use it that often.

About 4 times a week I will use Aveda humectant pomeade to pull my hair back into a bun. I also use Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner as a leave-in when my hair feels really dry.

i use a little bit of Pantene relaxed and natural setting spray and a quarter sized amount of Lacio Lacio. If I use my more than that my hair turns out weighed down and hard to manage.

Daisimae said:
I love Hydra TLC the most. That stuff is excellent! I didn't know what moisturized hair was until I used that. It last from poo to poo too. Straighten-Up is excellent for laying down my new growth. If I didn't have someplace to go 2 weeks from now, I would stretch my relaxer out. This stuff lays my ng DOWN! The De-Frizz on my ends was an afterthought, but, I'm glad I did it.

I forgot to mention, I do seal the moisture with coconut oil, but, not every day. My hair doesn't seem to like as much oil. I use it mostly on the parts of my hair my wig and phonie ponie attach too. I apply coconut oil in those areas with a small toothbrush, no breakage yet.

My hair doesn't like too much oil either. That's why I don't seal oil on wet hair. Makes my air-dry crunchay (sp intentional). And liek you, sometimes I don't seal with oil on a daily basis. My hair actually feels better without it and I could do a no oil reggie if I wanted to, but I am in the sun a lot lately and my hair needs the extra barrier.

I cqan't wait to try the staighten up because my hair :love: the TLC cream!

When I airdry I use oil, Salerm 21, and serum in that order. When I rollerset I use Lacio Lacio and serum.

I use my Lacio Lacio. But since my last touch-up I'v been using Giovanni Direct and and my hair is turning out better than expected. Initally I didn't care for it because it made my hair crunchy. My new technique is getting me to like it. But we shall see.

I usually use 2 leave-ins:
a watery leave-in first like Infusium-23 repairologie;
after 5-10 minutes, a creamy leave-in like NTM silk touch;
then sealing.

When airdrying, I have just been using one Lacio Lacio. When I roller set I use a little infusium and water to spray as I am rolling. I used to layer a bunch of leave ins on my hair but I am realizing that less is really more.

Normally, I use one leave-in. A creamy leave-in followed by a butter or an oil. This week it's been Elucence MB sealed with Qhemet's Sidhr Tree Butter Balm.

Last edited:
I use two leave in conditioners. I use Lacio Lacio (about quarter size amount) and Salerm 21 (about a dime size amount). I also use about a dime size amount of serum.

either infus. 23 or ic leave in..i want to experiment with more creamy leave ins..before i put on a gel..or styling product

I used to use several (3 or 4 various brands...)on my hair at a time, but now I cut it down to one...Vatika. I know you're supposed to rinse it out, but I don't. I haven't needed anything else.

My last wash I used Aveda Elixir, Damage control, and finishing solution. I just used a dab from each (well a couple of sprays from the Damage control). My hair felt great afterwards. Not weighed down and it was detangled (more than usual but not all the way). Usually its 2 for me and a moisturizer or oil to seal

At least 3 - 4. Most of the time 4. Aveda Curessence, Lacio Lacio, Lady Flor Olive Oil (Dom), Mizani Therma Strength Serum. When I use my Aveda Products I use Elixir, so it's 3 then.

Sometimes I'll use 2; a liquid (Motions) and a creamy (Salerm 21). I just started the Salerm 21 and the castor oil:) If I'm rollersetting I may use a setting lotion. Sometimes I'll also use serum.

Last edited:
Back