HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT......?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
How long should I wait after getting my hair relaxed to apply braid extensions? My hair is in vry good condition. I am going to use small individual braids to grow out my hair this summer. I have know some to do it the same day is that too soon?

I'd say it is too soon. I'd wait at least 2 weeks. Actually - I personally would wait four.

I don't braid alot but when I do that's my creed.
smile.gif

I agree with Tracy. Two is recommended, but I would feel better with four weeks, including a lot of conditioning and prepping for the braids in the meantime.

<font color="blue">Ditto...Any sooner than 2 weeks is realy, REALLY asking for some sort of breakage.The hair is just too weak. Give it a breather.</font>

Exactly - because the hair would be too weak (IMO) and would need a a nice dose of conditioning before it's be ready for the "weight" of braids and the long duration of time that you wouldnt quite be able to everything you'd need to. And micros stay in for a while too. So this is doubly important.

i agree with the ladies, with 2-4 weeks you have just enuff new growth to 'grip' the extensions so the dont slip out too soon.

Back