How long/short was your hair when you BC'd?

lovely_locks

I am going ot BC in Jan. As of now, I only have about 2 inches of new growth. I was just wondering how long or short was your hair when you BC'd, and how did you deal with your new hair do?

I transitioned for six months. I'm a slow grower and my hair was only 2.5" when I BC'd. I looked BUTCH!!! :cry:

So, I twist or French braid my hair every night so that the next day it'll at least have a lil poufness (is that a word?) to it.

But I was in shock after I 1st BC'd and now I LOVE MY HAIR!!!!

I think I had maybe 1 to 2 inches of hair when I BC'd almost a year ago. I didn't really measure in part because it was not a planned BC...so I had no ruler on hand.

I didn't "deal" with my hair until about 3 months later; I braided my hair right after the BC. But during the time I had my braids, I continued to wash, deep condition, co-wash and whatnot. Once I took the braids out; I kept my scalp clean, kept my hair moisturized and tried to play around with styles. I was mostly only able to do a puff...but loved my hair nonetheless.

~S~

I transitioned for 10 months and had approximately 5 inches of hair. I couldn't even put it into a ponytail without 10 bobby pins! :giggle: 12 months later my hair was APL

I am going ot BC in Jan. As of now, I only have about 2 inches of new growth. I was just wondering how long or short was your hair when you BC'd, and how did you deal with your new hair do?

My hair was really short. I just wet and put oil on it other day. Couldn't do much more.

Attachments

• 20mars09 - Copy.jpg
    20mars09 - Copy.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6
Thank you guys so much for answering my questions. I have another one! :) How long did it take you to get use to your new length?

I only transitioned about 3 weeks so it was about 2 inches on top and .5-1" around the perimeter (I got it cut into a cute tapered style).

I transitioned for 18 months and had 9"-10" of hair. But with my mondo shrinkage, it looked like I only had 4" of hair. :ohwell:

I transitioned 10 months and did the BC in June 1st of 2008:

The second pic was taken in July 2009.

Attachments

• 100_0008.jpg
    100_0008.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 11
  • pics from HTC Phone 072.jpg
    pics from HTC Phone 072.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 8
I transitioned for 7 months and 3 weeks and had 2.5-2.75 inches. I immediately twisted my hair and wore a twist out. I did twists and twist outs for the entire summer (last year).

I transitioned for 15 months and had 5-6 inches of hair. I mostly pulled it into a puff or wore pinned up twists.

Back