• 25-30

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • 30+

Votes: 26 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmilingElephant

I thought this would be fun :)

How long do you take in the shower? I know i take a looooong time if i'm washing my hair...bc i have to detangle it in sections after washing (i wash my hair in halves)....then i bathe, shave and what not....and deep condition. It can take me 30+ min on wash day...i dont keep the water running the entire time.

When i'm not doing my hair my shower is like 10-15 minutes long.

it takes me 20-25 mins if it is a wash day, or groom day. i get in, rinse the conditioner out, shampoo, rinse, apply a rinse out conditioner/let sit for 3-5mins with a plastic cap on, shower, exfoliate, shave, rinse out conditioner, detangle.

i deep condition on dry hair to save me time, save water, and stop from jumping in and out
of the shower.

5-10 mins on the regular. i like to get in and out.

Its for this reason I try my best to wash in the shower but do all the conditioning/detangling and such once I get out. Its such a massive waste of water otherwise. I still take 20-30mins in the shower though because I take pretty indulgent/luxurious showers:giggle: so I do my best not to compound that further:look:

I said 30+ but I actually break mine up. Maybe 20 minutes to wash, protein treat and put in the deep conditioner. Then I put a shower cap over the DC, get out of the shower, putter around for like 30 minutes. Then get back in, rinse and take care of other shower needs. Maybe 40 minutes of shower time total.

BlackMasterPiece I believe im gonna have to start doing more of that :ohwell:....i hate detangling outside the shower bc it can be so messy for me...conditioner flinging everywhere....so when i detangle in the shower....i usually cut the water off...and then i turn it on when i nedd to add water.

It's so much easier when i have a stream of water tho...to detangle....AND....the water is SO relaxing!!:bath:

My average shower is short, less than 10 minutes. If I need to wash out conditioners, I do it in the sink with detachable hose, or in the tub portion.

A regular shower usually runs about 10 minutes. Wash day can be anywhere from 20 to 35 minutes depending on what I'm doing. However the water isn't running the whole time because my family is big on not being wasteful and all that jazz

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

i had to stop detangling in the shower. after i reached APL i would be in there for 40 minutes and the hot water would go out. at this point i'd be in there for an hour if i did everything. :nono:

now i only cleanse in the shower with diluted shampoo. my hair is already in twisted sections. it's about 25 minutes.

i had to stop detangling in the shower. after i reached APL i would be in there for 40 minutes and the hot water would go out. at this point i'd be in there for an hour if i did everything. :nono:

now i only cleanse in the shower with diluted shampoo. my hair is already in twisted sections. it's about 25 minutes.

This is the point i'm at. I'm gonna start detangling before i shower on wash day....i do it sometimes....but...ugh!:lol:

Then hop in and shower/shampoo, slap on my deep conditioner and finish...i don't deep condition for 30 min anymore...it seems unnecessary for me.

On my days wear i'm just styling my hair i can just get in, co wash really quick, fingercomb, shower and hop out.

*grabs pen and paper* I'm taking notes. Lol. I'm in the shower way too freaking long when it's time to wash/redo my hair. Like, 30+ min. and my hair isn't even quite APL yet. It is dense though and because of this I wash/condition/detangle/style in 6-8 sections. So time is added to my routine. :-(
Maybe I should add a pre-poo to my routine to help me detangle before I wash. Or I can wash & condition in the sink. Hmmm...

I used to detangle in the shower, but it got too much for me. It takes way too long, and I felt like I was wasting water, so now I detangle with lots of conditioner and water before I get in.
It takes me now like 12 minutes.

<10min unless the weather is unbearably cold then maybe 20 just to bask in the heat. i don't/won't spend a lot of time on my hair.

*grabs pen and paper* I'm taking notes. Lol. I'm in the shower way too freaking long when it's time to wash/redo my hair. Like, 30+ min. and my hair isn't even quite APL yet. It is dense though and because of this I wash/condition/detangle/style in 6-8 sections. So time is added to my routine. :-(
Maybe I should add a pre-poo to my routine to help me detangle before I wash. Or I can wash & condition in the sink. Hmmm...

I used to do that too...thinking it would help save time.....:nono:nope! Lol! So now i just shampoo my hair in halves and detangle in 4 or 6 sections....but i have the option to detangle in OR out of the shower.

I hate the sink....i have a bad back and...the sink is pretty far down there for me to be bending to wash my hair. When push comes to shove sometimes i will tho.

Normal day: 10-15

Hair Wash days: Well...I devised a plan (otherwise I'd be in the shower forever and emerge prune-like).

First, I detangle my hair (chem-free 4b, APL) in sections using Wet n Wavy spray (LOVE that stuff; tangles practically fall out). Then, I braid or twist in sections before Shampooing or co-washing in my seriously deep kitchen sink with its hose and great water pressure. I stand on a footstool if I skip the twists. :) Then, I DC in sections and sit under the dryer for 20-30 min.

Finally, I shower and rinse my hair out because the intense spray will remove any possible shampoo residue I missed as well.

This method works really, really well for me.

Just a regular shower - 5 minutes

Include my hair and shaving - 15 minutes. I have kids and I've learned to become efficient for my sanity's sake, lol.

Regular shower time is 5-10min for me
Workout days are the same to cowash
Wash days are different. IF I wash my hair in the shower (which I rarely do) it takes about 10-15min. Kinda got a system.

Shampoo hair while still in twists or Celies
Apply condish and let sit on my hair while I actually bathe :look:
Before getting out the shower, I take the twists/braids loose and detangle. I don't wash the condish out b/c I apply DC on top and let it sit for another hour or so. Makes my hair ridiculously easy to detangle later.

5-10 Regardless of why..Shampoo only takes 2-3 minutes and I almost never wash my hair in the shower anyway...I can't stand water trickling down my face :angry2: especially when I get out the shower and I have to waste and wet two towels... one just for my dripping hair. I shave before showers outside right next to the bathtub on days I have too.

10-15 minutes on most days because I also co-wash almost everyday. About 20 minutes on hair wash days. I detangle and rinse out the deep conditioner outside the shower.

You need to split this into "with washing hair" and "without washing hair." I checked off 25 - 30 min. because I WNG every day. If for some reason I don't, 10 min.

I still shampoo and condition outside of the bath. I guess utill my head/hair cant fit at the sink

so showering is only for cleansing of my body ... no more that 10 mins.

Last edited:
If I'm not washing my hair, it will be5-10mn,
but if it is the day I do henna, it will be 10mn under the water in the garden, plus 20mn in the shower
!
:drowning:

OMG, I CAN PARTICIPATE IN POLLS FROM MY CELL PHONE. I :love: this app!

I voted 15-20 min showers (from my cell phone!)

Back