• 20-25

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 25-30

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • 30+

Votes: 26 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate, hate, hate wasting water so I try to keep my showers to a minimum. If I'm not doing my hair, I usually take less than 10 minutes - unless its a cold morning... then I might spend a little longer, haha.

If I'm doing my hair, I usually saturate my hair with water and conditioner so I can detangle my hair before I get into the shower. It helps me to cut down on time a lot. I never spend more than 15, maybe 20 minutes tops in the shower.

I just really hate wasting water!

I stay in the shower until the water runs cold regardless of whether I'm washing my hair or not.

Now, when I'm actually paying a water bill in a house and I'm not in an apt I'll probably stop doing that. :look:

Last night was my wash day so it took me an hour and I was wrinkled! :lol:
I wash my hair in sections then leave the conditioner in each section while I shave and bathe. Then I rinse each section and detangle at the same time. Finally putting my dc in my hair and a shower cap and getting out of the shower. Then rinse in the sink after 20 minutes...

Needless to say, its a freaking task!

I just detangled, washed, and conditioned my hair. That took 30 minutes. And that's all i did. lol.

Regular showers take 10-15 minutes.

My showers are pretty short...regularly, I spend no more than 10 minutes in the shower, and on wash day, I'm in there for about 25 - 30 minutes total. The vast majority of my routine happens outside of the shower, and I only get in there to actually wash or rinse out conditioner.

I also don't believe in wasting water for the heck of it, so I turn off the water if I'm not actually rinsing myself and I actively try to hurry up. No lollygagging for me. :giggle:

Even with co-washing/detangling, less than 10 minutes. But....after I shower, I run a bubble bath and soak for a half hour or more.

10-15 but about 20 when I wash my hair.

I wash my hair first and then condition. Then I shower. After I shower I rinse the conditioner and I am out.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Regular showers are 5-10 minutes (closer to 10 if not a little longer if I'm shaving and/or pumiceing my feet). When I'm doing my hair is more like 25 minutes. I section my hair before getting in the shower...

I don't shampoo my hair in the shower, so my showers are strictly for bathing. I have a detachable shower head which allows me to wash my hair in the tub.

My showers are normally 10-15 minutes long.

My normal showers are 30-60 minutes. Not because I am wasteful, but because showers are very therapeutic and rejuvenating for me, so I like to take my time or else I don't feel right. I clean my body, rinse, and then fully exfoliate with a body brush. I always feel renewed when I'm done. On wash days it's only a bit longer though. I start by shampooing my hair and scalp, rinsing, then applying my conditioner/deep conditioner. I step out the shower to finger detangle, put my hair up to let the conditioning treatment sit, and then step back in and turn the water back on and start my normal shower routine. When that's done, I take my hair down and rinse out the conditioner, and done! :wiggle:

Showering just to bathe - 15-20 minutes
Washing my hair and then showering - 2 hours

I wash each twist/braid (about 13 or so) separately which entails untwisting, shampooing, rinsing, and retwisting. This is the main reason why I haven't deep conditioned in ages. It just takes me too long to do my hair.

It's like nobody has my hair type. Everyone can comb their hair with easy, twist with ease, wash with ease. My hair is just super spring, super coily, and super annoying!

15 mins. I detangle before I shampoo and I put my hair in twists/sections. So, I just shampoo, condition and while the conditioner is in, wash my body.

I don't like long showers, I handle business and get out.

Normal day: 10-15

Hair Wash days: Well...I devised a plan (otherwise I'd be in the shower forever and emerge prune-like).

First, I detangle my hair (chem-free 4b, APL) in sections using Wet n Wavy spray (LOVE that stuff; tangles practically fall out). Then, I braid or twist in sections before Shampooing or co-washing in my seriously deep kitchen sink with its hose and great water pressure. I stand on a footstool if I skip the twists. :-) Then, I DC in sections and sit under the dryer for 20-30 min.

Finally, I shower and rinse my hair out because the intense spray will remove any possible shampoo residue I missed as well.

This method works really, really well for me.

I do the exact same thing. You just saved me typing! Lol

Less than 10 minutes regularly, 15 if I'm washing my hair. I tried detangling in the shower, but not only did it not really work, it took forever and wasted so much water. Too much environmental guilt for that.

Regular showers for me are about 20-25 minutes long, if I shave (not my legs, arms, face either - I'm hairless in these areas, thank God), another 5 minutes and on hair wash days (just a quick poo and wash out conditioner), about 35 minutes.

I like to make sure every single body part is thoroughly cleaned. Even if I don't wash my ears every single time I bathe, I might as well walk around with filth all over me ~shudders~

ETA: On days when I exfoliate my body in the shower, I take easily, 45 minutes to an hour. I would actually take a full shower first, half way dry myself off, turn off the water, scrub damp skin, use cool water to rinse off the scrub - then I'm done.

I don't remove the softening, moisturizing effects of my scrub with more soap. My skin is normally quite silky after my body scrubs which I try to do once every 2-3 weeks. I hate dull looking skin. Areas I can't reach, I get professionally done at a spa:grin:.

Last edited:
This is me! I normally take baths unless it's wash day...and if I'm lazy, i leave my DC in overnight and rinse out in the morning at the gym
I wash my hair in sections then leave the conditioner in each section while I shave and bathe. Then I rinse each section and detangle at the same time. Finally putting my dc in my hair and a shower cap and getting out of the shower. Then rinse in the sink after 20 minutes...

Needless to say, its a freaking task!

YUP -- a FREAKING TASK is right:yep:

Back