• 1/2"

Votes: 49 62.8%
  • 1"

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • More

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I average 1/2 a month. I don't know if this is true, but I read somewhere that hair growth varies depending on the season, frankly I don't notice a difference.

MissNorway -- Thank you for the encouragement! I've even had a couple of people tease me cause they said my hair just don't wanna grow. But thanks!

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Your, mine, everybody's hair grows. Just do you and keep your hair protected and moisturized. I have stopped telling people that I am growing my hair, the only person that shows interest is my SO, so I talk to only him about it.
Grow you hair girl and be happy with your progress and what you have and will accomplish.

Happy Hair Growing!!

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Your, mine, everybody's hair grows. Just do you and keep your hair protected and moisturized. I have stopped telling people that I am growing my hair, the only person that shows interest is my SO, so I talk to only him about it.
Grow you hair girl and be happy with your progress and what you have and will accomplish.

Happy Hair Growing!!

Thank you so much. It's great to hear some positive encouragement, especially when mostly you've only heard what you can't do, etc.

Thanks again and Happy Hair Growing to You!!

People on this board claim they get 1-2 inches per month? with pictures as proof :lachen: where dey at? I need to see this :lachen:

TheTHG2009 .5 a month is very good. Honestly you should feel very satisfied with that. Instead I think that you should concentrate on retention and try to find out why you are not retaining the growth that you get. keep your hair healthy and those ends protected girl and you will achieve your goal before you know it :)

Noir - That was very inspiring! You are right!! Thank you so much!! Your hair is lovely by the way. The shine is awesome.

I JUST HAVE TO SAY THAT ALL OF YOU LADIES HAVE BEEN A VERY GREAT INSPIRATION TO ME. I WAS REALLY AT THE POINT OF GIVING UP AND EACH ONE OF YOU HAVE GIVEN ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK. NOW I KNOW THAT I CAN DO IT......."IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE!!"
THANKS AGAIN!

If I got 1/2 inch a month I'd be content. I only get 1/4 inch, so thats 3 inches a year. With trims and breakage, I'm barely retaining anything. Now if someone gets 6 inches a year I think you should be able to retain at least 1/2.

Other than eating well, getting enough water, exercise, and rest, there's nothing you can do to increase your growth rate.

I think you also have to remember that peoples hair grows in cycles. One month they may get 1" another only 1/4".
I say be patient and don't jump on every bandwagon that comes along. Be patient with your hair. You will reach your lenght eventually.

That is so dang true. I am so freakin do with bandwagons. I have been on so many I am embarassed. But, my hair just likes to be freakin left alone.

My hair grows about .5 a month because I was a little past APL in Aug and now I am just at BSL. But, I think patience has the most to do with growth in anyone. That's why men's hair grows so fast. They don't care bother with it.:grin:

my hair grows an inch a month, I shaved my head in feb 2007 and relaxed in october 07 and cut the back to match the front at el. I now have CBL hair and I have trimmed quite alot. Now I just dust and I have a lot of new length. I need to update my avatar

I think you also have to remember that peoples hair grows in cycles. One month they may get 1" another only 1/4".
I say be patient and don't jump on every bandwagon that comes along. Be patient with your hair. You will reach your lenght eventually.

Thats how my hair grows. So although I don't get a whole inch every single month...i also do sometimes only get 0.5 an inch per month. My hair has always grown fast. I just had to learn how to retain it and i have LHCF to thank for that.:yep:

Ladies! I've tried, "Everything" and my hair just doesn't seem to want to grow more than 1/2" per month (and still breaks off):wallbash:. I know that 1/2" is supposed to be the average, but I keep reading and hearing about others whose hair grows 1/2" to 1" and even some at 1" - 2" per month and they have pics to prove it!!:perplexed If you do notice SOME growth per month, what is the amout and what are you using i.e. vitamins, supplements, topical, etc. to retain it?

1/2 inch is normal...dont believe all the hype...I grow 1/2 inch

Back