How long does it take you to rollerset your hair?

Xcellence2

I started rolling my hair at 9:30 and finished a little after 11....but I am still under the dryer and it is almost 2 am. So i am looking at 5 to 6 hours at least. Am I the only one? If so, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?????

Re: How long does it take you to rollerset your ha

lol...whenever i had longer hair (a bit past my shoulders) it took me around 30min or so to roll and 45-60 min under the dryer then after i took the rollers out i wrapped my hair and sat under the dryer for about 15 more minutes...hth

ok maybe I am just slow. How think is your hair? My stylist hates to see me coming b/c even when she does it I am at the salon at least 4 hours w/o waiting for her

The more you do it the faster you will get at setting it.
smile.gif

my hair wasnt thick at all then...just by looking at ur avatar, i cant tell the density of ur hair is alot thicker than mine was then...and cutebajangirl is right...practice makes perfect...

That's why I haven't done a rollerset for a couple of months. It takes long for me to roll it up and then it takes long for it to dry.

I did a roller set last night and I almost gave up and went to bed. I had to move up to the big grey rollers because my hair is longer, that's not too bad.

It took me almost an hour to get the rollers in. Mostly because my arms got tired trying to make sure I was rolling smoothly from tip to root. I tried using roller pins but I couldn't get them to stay in tight so I had to use the covers that came with the rollers. Of course they left that darn crease in my hair.

After I got my entire head done I went to sit under my hood dryer and it was a tight fit I almost couldn't get under with all those huge rollers. I made it but couldn't move my head too much. I sat under the dryer for an hour. Took the rollers out, wrapped and got back under for another 15 mins.

I love the way my hair looks this morning but I am going to have to work on my roller set routine!

It takes me about 30 min to roll and at least 3 hrs to dry under a dryer. Air dry and dryer together about 8 hrs. I LOVE the look but that is 1 reason I had to stop! It takes too long now. I just do twists, knots and braidouts and wet buns now.

4 eva! Maybe about an hour.

I tried rollersetting twice, and did not like my results either time. I have underprocessed ends going on, so the set always comes out frizzy. Once I chop the ends, I think my sets will be fine.

It takes me anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes and that's much better than the 1.5 hours it use to take
laugh.gif

my deltoids r definately getting a workout
wink.gif

It takes me about 30 mins. to roll my hair and then I sit under the dryer for about an hour and a half. I SOOOOO want to rollerset my hair tonight but I can't cuz there are too many TV shows coming on tonight that I want to watch!!
cry3.gif
(Survivor, then the 2 hour Apprentice finale!!) Guess I'll be air-drying...
ohwell.gif

It takes me 30-45 minutes, it used to take longer, thus practice does make perfect!!

It takes about 30 minutes to rollerset and forever to airdry (don't have a dryer). I wear my rollers to bed.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I wear my rollers to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!!!!
nono.gif
I tried that once with magnetic rollers(when I had a wedding to go to the next day and had just had my hair "did"...) and it was torture!! Never again!!
crazy.gif

15- 20 minutes to roll and 2 hours to dry under my hooded dryer. Maybe I need a new dryer.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I wear my rollers to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!!!!
nono.gif
I tried that once with magnetic rollers(when I had a wedding to go to the next day and had just had my hair "did"...) and it was torture!! Never again!!
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
It can be torture. I've had some success putting rollers in more towards the back of my head so I can sleep on my sides.

It should ever take that long. Cause when I go the the hair dresser, my hair is already rollersetted in about 10 minutes. And I have long, medium density hair. But when I do it at home it takes me like 30 minutes. I guess u have to know what youre doing.

I still suck at rollersets. It takes me 1.5 to 2 hours and I can't get the rollers in tight. Plus now that I'm transitioning, it takes longer to section my hair off.

I suck at rollersets too it takes me about an hour to get the rollers in after that its smooth sailing because I dont mind the hour under the dryer. If I did it more often I would get better but I get frustrated so I haven't attempted it in a while, I usually coax one of my friends into doing it for me or I simply air dry my hair and wear it curly.

It takes me 25 minutes to roll my hair and 45 minutes under the dryer. Then I take the rollers out, wrap my hair and sit under the dryer for another 10-15 minutes. I've been roller setting my hair for years so I'm used to it.

Rollers 30-45....drying 1 hr or 1 and 15mins depending on roller size.....I don't think my stylist does mine in 10 minutes
( never!!!!!) Don't worry THICKNBEAUTIFUL, one stylist would look at my hair like...ohhhh wow
wallbash.gif
when I went past a certain point in my relaxer....

use LOTS of water to help combing thru and a detangling leave-in and maybe you could go up in roller size if you hair is getting longer

Back