How long do rinses last?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm tired of my color and want something new! I miss my black hair! :cry3: I'm trying to go with something that's not damaging since I'm relaxed and already have a permanant color :look:

I shampoo and dc twice a week and plan on using a Beyond The Zone rinse (if I decide to do it) How long would a rinse last? What rinses do you all use?

I had a black rinse and it lasted about 1 month.... at the time I was washing once a week and dc-ing once a week....then I got a touch up and it was all gone

It depends on how often you wash. I would like to know this answer as well....I want some black hair.

For the type of rinses I use on clients, they last about 6-8 shampoos (during the colder seasons---fall, winter. Shorter during the summer---sun helps fade them faster....especially reds)

If you wash your hair,
rinse,
towel blot
apply color
sit under dryer for about 15-20 mins

they last a hellofa lot longer.

The danger in this is with color like black...its hard as hell to remove if you ever want to go lighter (like in the summer). It will seem like 4ever the longer your hair is!

Keep in mind this is with Clairol, or Jazzine. You want to follow the instructions on the bottle carefully though,

Hope that helps

It probably depends on how often you are washing your hair. Typically my rinse would last a month or two. When I look at my hair in sunlight I see red to it and i'm guessing it's my haircolor because the last time i did a rinse was over a year ago. they can't last that long can they depending on color???

I had a black rinse and it lasted about 1 month.... at the time I was washing once a week and dc-ing once a week....then I got a touch up and it was all gone

I second that!:yep: I used the dominican color showers and it lasted about a month. But I also think it depends on how often you wash your hair. I wash my hair at least 2-3 times a week (co-washes). Everytime I got my hair wet some color would wash off in the shower. My sister gets them at the Dominican shop and they last 8 weeks, but she only washes her hair every 2 weeks.

I'm tired of my color and want something new! I miss my black hair! :cry3: I'm trying to go with something that's not damaging since I'm relaxed and already have a permanant color :look:

I shampoo and dc twice a week and plan on using a Beyond The Zone rinse (if I decide to do it) How long would a rinse last? What rinses do you all use?

4-6 weeks specially when i apply it the day of relaxer.....i use sebastians cellophanes

If you cowash often, you will notice that it won't last too long. I second Dewayne on choosing a color that's darker than your natural color...it will take much longer to get that out. I used a rinse on Thursday and it was gone by the next Thursday...I cowashed 5 times that week.

Yeah like 4-8 washes.

I've used Jazzing, Beyond the Zone, Adore, and Clairol Beautifull.....

Not telling anyone to try it....

But alot of times I conditon first, then use my cream of nature shamoo, --after that maybe a porosity or oil treatment. For pre-poo's sometimes I do a protien treatment or Black dye. I mixed my black rinse and my conditoner. Now everytime I condition my hair its like a henna gloss or something.

tiffers since your hair has a permanent color in it, I would recommend that you do a henna treatment followed by an indigo treatment to get a natural black color started. This way you would not damage your hair. If you would like to then start using rinses, I would say that's the safest route to take to black hair again. HTH!

My rinses never lasted very long not like I could actually see the colour anyway because my hair is very black. I would say maybe a few weeks.

A long time. I have a demi in right now, but I usually get a semi cellophane. If I apply the semi on the day of my relaxer, 8-10 weeks on average, but lately it seems to be forever.

I noticed they last much longer since I began ayurveda, and I still use non SLS poos and mostly natural products and what not.

Last edited:
Back