How do you wear your hair to the club???

MWilson569

<font color="red"> </font> I am a college student down in atlanta ( originally from brooklyn) and I like to go and and have fun at the clubs occasionally. My hair is natural type 3b-3c and Ive tried braid out style with a little protein gel for hold. But by the time I leave the club my hair is a large frizzy afro. I was wondering what kind of hair styles you all wear while going to the clubs and also what kind of products are good for no frizz ( for sweating while in a crowded club). I would love to continue to wear my hair in the braidout style because I love it but if theres a product I can use to prevent me sweating it out ..that would be great...
rosebud.gif

I don't wash it before going out because it will only come back smoky and limp afterwards...but I tend to flip it with a curling iron and spritz it for hold, which I know isn't too healthy. But I notice that your is natural so maybe you could use a serum or anti-humectant to keep away the frizz, HTH....

I wear flexi rods most of the time, I can dance and not have to worry about sweating it out all that much.

Don't play, but I'll wear a wig to a club in a minute. I hate the smell of cigs in my hair the next day.

i think you should carry a headband in your purse. if your hair starts to expand, just slip that on your hair and pull it back to give a semblance of control. lol! i love the braidout style on some curly hair though. it's really cute!
smile.gif

Girl I feel u on that one. I used to use alcohol based gels and hairsprays, but oh my god, it made my hair so crunchy and stiff and u know there's always some fool wanting to touch a black girl's hair!!
fishslap.gif

Anyway, I went out recently, and just sported two ponytails with some jojoba oil slicked on it and that did well. It was cute, it kept my hair protected and moisturized. However, next time, I want to try a wet braid out, which for me would be spritzing my hair with distilled water and glycerine after opening my braids and spritzing it more while at the club to maintain that wet, curly look. I do it during the day anyhow, when it's hot, so why not when I'm out? But if yall have other tips, please post em. I wanna know! By the way, I have a friend who does Bantu knots when she's out clubbing and it looks so good! But I haven't any practice with that!
bouncy.gif

trampoline.gif
<font color="red"> </font> Wow thanks for all the advice.....I will definately try maybe carrying a headband with me...I like the ponytail idea also...I was thinking of just slicking my hair back and pinning in a curly weave in the back for more volume and length ....its a quick and easy style to put it and take out ...so next time I hit up the clubs..I might just try that......and girl I did think of doing the wig thing...because I always wanted to try a bob hair style but I dont want to cut my hair...but im afraid that someone just might pull it off my head and I would be sooooo sooo embarassed
sekret.gif

and if I really want to do my braid out style for the club I might just have to rewet it in the club.....THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE GIRLS!!! I love yall....yall really helped a sister out...
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I wear flexi rods most of the time, I can dance and not have to worry about sweating it out all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here!

hey mwilson..this is off topic..but do you know a guy by the name of kerly( his real name)..he goes to morehouse..and he is from ny..the only reason i ask is because you are from ny..and most nyorkers who attend school in atl know each other...just wanted to know...

Back