How do you wear your hair to bed?

swannie

Currently, I moisturize my hair and ends with HHB, wrap it, then go to bed with a satin cap. It takes some time to wrap my hair though and I'm looking into other (basically faster) ways of wearing hair to sleep. Thanks!

Usually in a single braid or a bun (not a tight bun though). Then I top my style off with my satin bonnet or my satin scarf.

[ QUOTE ]
Usually in a single braid or a bun (not a tight bun though). Then I top my style off with my satin bonnet or my satin scarf.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto! /images/graemlins/cool.gif When I do the single braid, I usually fold it under itself....I secure both braid and loose bun w. a headband (used like a scrunchie) before putting on my satin scarf.

I cover my hair with a satin cap then cover the satin cap with a regular scarf so that the cap doesn't slide off..

Tonight, I'm going to try the bun (with the baggie method), the scarf, and my satin cap. You ladies are the best. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I usually cover my hair with a bin liner.

[/ QUOTE ]

den1, what's a bin liner?

I moisturize my hair, pull it into a loose bun, cover the bun with a baggie and cover my entire head with a satin scarf or bonnet.

It dependson how tired I am. Lately my hair has been all over my head not in a particular style-before I go to bed.

My hair is only 7 inches long. So any suggestions on how to wear my hair?

Currently I put Recovery Moisturizer, my SheaCocoaMango Butter concoction, and then plait my hair securing with a coated band (not tight). I couldn't find a satin cap that was smooth enough not to catch onto my hair, so I use one of my Slips with a scarf on top so it doesn't slide.

What do ya'll think? /images/graemlins/sleeping.gif

I mostly wear my hair in a curly blowout so I sleep in rollers and a silk scarf.

I co wash...add some Coconut Oil and Asha's Naturals Sunkissed to my hair while it's wet...put it in 4 braids... pin them up and put on my satin wrap and cap.

belleza, sounds good. Have you tried looking in Sally's for a satin cap? They have large and extra large ones so maybe that might prevent your hair getting caught up in it. /images/graemlins/up.gif

If I do a rollerset, I sleep with my hair wrapped and/or in rollers

If it is just plain straight, I will either wrap it, put it in a bun or ponytail

I always tie my hair with a silk or satin scarf

[ QUOTE ]
pincurls with a satin cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! I love pin curls. They really help my curls last.

Thank you Erica. The satin caps I've found are such that the grade of satin is rather coarse. It's not smooth enough to glide over my hair, instead my hair catches on it and snaps. So I just use a slip.

I always wear a satin bonnet, but depending on the style I'm wearing I try to tuck my ends in a loose bun.

Back