How do you use your glycerin?

I put about a teaspoon of glycerin in a tiny spray bottle with rosewater, a few drops of lavender essential oil, and about 1/2 teaspoon of jojoba oil. I sometimes lightly mist this onto my hair when I'm wearing a bun.

Last edited:
same here; couple tablespoons to an 8 oz spray bottle along with a few other goodies.

glycerin, like castor oil is way to thick to use alone on my hair.

In a spray bottle with aloe very gelly, some grapefruit EO for scent and a few tablespoons of water. It looks like I use waaay more than most of you, but it works for me. I also throw some in my DC to thciken it up and add moisture. I never measure, just squeeze until I think it's enough. :perplexed

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the glycerin? I want to start making my own hair spray. Thanks.

I purchased some from Walgreens this week. I also get it at Whole Foods and Indian stores. At Walgreens I found it in the section where they sell the lotions. It was at the bottom in a dark plastic bottle. :)
350173.jpg

I love my glycerin! I got a big bottle from a local health food store.I Mix random amounts with a cheapie conditioner(suave humectant works really well) and water, then I shake up the bottle and use it (The bottle gives off a really fine mist so that helps with the distribution of the spray). Its the only moisturizing spray I use on my hair.

I get a bottle of Rosewater/Glycerin spray from the health food store that I add Silk Amino Acids and Honeyquat to. It's great as a spray on wet hair. I also have a huge bottle of glycerin that I add to prepoos, deep conditioners and sometimes leave ins.
I have been getting mine online:

www.lotioncrafter.com
www.fromnaturewithlove.com
These two sites give LHCF a discount :yep: but there are many sources.

Back