How do you use Aphogee Keratin Green Tea?

BlkOnyx488

I don't know if it is or isn't benefitting my hair, it says it works with your body heat. So at night I ahve started spraying it on my hair before I do my nightly twist.

How do you ladies that use this product use it?

I use it as a leave-in every night before putting my scarf on and after I DC/Wash.

I may start spraying it in at night after I moisturized and seal and sit under the hooded dryer on low-medium for 5-10 minutes. I wonder if that might be a good addition???

I have a heat cap I microwave and put on my head for about 10 mins until the heat is gone. Heat is suppose to activate it some how.

My goal is to strengthen my hair and retain three inches of growth over the next 6 months
I use it as a leave-in every night before putting my scarf on and after I DC/Wash.

I may start spraying it in at night after I moisturized and seal and sit under the hooded dryer on low-medium for 5-10 minutes. I wonder if that might be a good addition???

It wrks best with heat ie roller setting, blow outs, etc

I always do rollersets so I love it. thicker strands and lovely shine.

For just usual leave in, Chi Keratin Mist would be better.

Last edited:
I've got a bottle i haven't used it yet. But i'm only gonna use it when flat ironing my hair because i hear that it works best with heat.

It wrks best with heat ie roller setting, blow outs, etc

I always do rollersets so I love it. thicker strands and lovely shine.

For just usual leave in, Chi Keratin Mist would be better.

"thicker strand and lovely shine" I need some of that in my life. I'll be using as my leave-in when I rollerset this weekend! thanks everyone!

"thicker strand and lovely shine" I need some of that in my life. I'll be using as my leave-in when I rollerset this weekend! thanks everyone!

It will come out great! I have been using it for my rollersets for about a month now and can't believe that I slept on it this long!!!

I used to use it as a leave-in, esp before any heat styling. It worked great to add strength and body to me and my daughter's hair, but i switched us to being sulfate & cone free and my Aphogee actually has dimethicone in it, so I haven't been using as much.:ohwell: If I straighten my hair, I'll probably use it then, bc I'll also be using Sabino Moisture Block to help with reversion which is all cones.

I've been spraying it on right before I go under the dryer, after applying my leave in and rollersetting. So far its been great, stronger thicker and shinier hair.... but I have to use it very sparingly or else my hair is too hard.

I spray it on before I blow dry and flat iron. Since I have started using it I have absolutely no reversion at all. Plus I have less breakage and shedding as well.
I think it is protecting my hair from heat damage as well because when I do wash and wear my hair natural, I don't see any heat damaged pieces at all either.

I first started using the Aphogee line before I joined in Aug. 2005. Along the way, a lot of other things looked promising so I stopped. I started again in June, and there is a noticeable difference in the thickness of my hair vs when I flatironed in May. I use this as a leave in.

The Aphogee website says you can also use this on dry hair. Unless they drastically change the formula, I'm back for good:yep:

For those concerned about dryness, try a little creamy leave in over or under the Keratin. It makes a difference!

I love it and have used it for a while. I don't even remember what it is like to not use it.
I use it after the leave in before drying. :)

It's my staple!

I use it once a week when I rollerset, along with my Nairobi Foam Wrap. I thought it would make my hair hard (because I spray it on LIBERALLY) but my sets have been coming out soft, shiny, and gorge :love3:

which one are you guys using, the new or the old formula? I have both and i just alternate between the two. however, the ingredients are different, so i was wondering does it make a difference.

Good, I just bought some today. This, plus my new maxiglide is on the way! I can't wait for my end of Dec length check! :)

Now I just need to research self-trimming...

I use it when I airdry and when I use heat. I just tried it when I rollerset hoping it would give me some shine but it didn't. Overall I like it with heat and without out.

It is wonderful before blowdrying...makes hair super soft and strong. But I am wary about using it alone because although I used it before blowdrying and liked it, I still ended up with quite a few split ends....so I may have to use an extra heat protectant with it next time...

which one are you guys using, the new or the old formula? I have both and i just alternate between the two. however, the ingredients are different, so i was wondering does it make a difference.

New formula for the Green Tea, I have only the Aphogee 2 step old and new formula, and the Balancing Moisturizer Old formula, & I have the Therapy gloss old formula but I don't use the gloss.

I use it on top of my leave in and under my heat protectant. My hair comes out bouncy, blingy, soft, swangy lol, and it seems to make my hair straighten a lot easier. Love this stuff!

Back