How do you tell when your hair needs protein and moisture?

Lilmama1011

I heard bits and pieces like if you take a shed hair and pull it and it has elasticity does that mean I need protein and if it snaps then I need moisture?

And which conditioners balances them both so basically you don't have to worry bout what it needs because it balances protein and moisture?

Lilmama1011 said:
I heard bits and pieces like if you take a shed hair and pull it and it has elasticity does that mean I need protein and if it snaps then I need moisture?

You hit the nail on the head. But the elasticity has to be extra stretchy. Also some people say their hair is mushy when they need protein or gummy feeling. My hair usually will stop accepting moisture when it needs protein and I've never ever had my hair really act like it needed moisture except for one time. I bought ors hair mayo thinking it would be like organically mayo and dcd with it before my hhj.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

Lilmama1011 said:
And which conditioners balances them both so basically you don't have to worry bout what it needs because it balances protein and moisture?

Ors replenishing packs do a good job. Also my old hg Africa's best organics hair mayo is a good one and my new hg main and tail.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

AO GPB is a wonderful protein conditioner with moisturizing capabilities. Just try it OP, if your strands aren't snapping back with more elasticity than you've ever imagine send the bottle to me because that's what it does for me.

AO GPB is a wonderful protein conditioner with moisturizing capabilities. Just try it OP, if your strands aren't snapping back with more elasticity than you've ever imagine send the bottle to me because that's what it does for me.

Ditto, AO Gpb, the only conditioner or dc I need. Both moisturizing and strengthening at once.

I have ORS replenishing conditioner and perfect results triple silk deep penetrating conditioner(i have been using the PR conditioner)...they are both great penetrating conditioners for moisture and protein.

If hair feels weak brittle and dry; or if it just generally cannot hold moisture, I know it needs protein. the Glygogen Balancing Protein Conditioner is a weekly must.

Along with the stretch test I find my hair takes longer to dry when it needs protein.
For protein I co sign AOGPB but I really like Mllcreek keratin or Millcreek Biotin conditioners.

Back