The Protein vs. Moisture debate continues

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
Denali, would u mind sharing which products u use and when? What do u use every 3 days? I always love input on this.

My first wash after my touchup(got one Friday) I plan to deep condition with Miss Keys 10 n 1 for about an hour or Salerm Wheat Germ Mask. Next wash deep condition with Humecress. The 2nd week I plan to use my design essentials 6 in 1 reconstructor or nexxus emergencee. I wash every 3 days too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure.. I use either UBH conditioner or Dudley's Hair Rebuilder for protein. Kenra's MC for moisturizing conditioner.
My intense moisturizing conditioner is Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
grin.gif

Intense protein treatment is Dudley's DRC 28. Aphogee is too smelly for me
crazy.gif

okay, with all of this said and done, what protien conditioner and what moisturizing conditioner would you guys suggest for someone wanting to kill two birds with one stone? i use nexxus humectress conditioner which i thought was a moisturizing con and i was using motions CPR as a protien. i didn't think it was doing much. thinking about getting some Nexxus emergencee. my hair is growing nicely but i'd like to keep it healthier since i am about to do a color soon

I like design essentials 6 in 1 reconstructor because it has protein but also moisture but its hard to find. I also like Aubrey GPB.

I think different people's hair requires different things. After much trial and error, I've discovered a routine that works best for me is deep condition with moisturizing conditioner every week, and deep condition with a protein moisturizer once a month. You have to see how your hair responds to different things and stick with what works maybe.

I've noticed that so many hair products have protein in them. For those that use Sta-Sof-Fro, or others who use gels with protein, how do you think it is effecting your hair? Is there enough protein in these products to cause problems? I'm curious because I really love Giovanni Direct Leave and it has soybean protein in it. It is way down on the list of ingredients, but I'm concerned about using it every day. Also, what about amino acids. I have a conditioner that I like to use for deep treatments (moisturizing) but it has amino acids in it. It doesn't leave my hair hard at all, like infusium did, but still....???

I try to do light protein once a week...I never do hardcore protein, and I do moisture daily. One of the conditioners that I use daily has some protein in it, but I always slather on a super thick moisturizing conditioner afterwards, so I don't think that little bit of protein is bothering my hair. My goal is to keep my new growth moisturized and strong, because I am transitioning.

Back