How do YOU surge?

Tebby1017

Sorry if this was asked already....

How do you surge? Do you use an application bottle? Mix with moisturizer or oil? Apply to roots, entire length or both? Only once a day? Do you only surge after a wash? Have you found a way to surge that has been really effective on you that might not be listed in the directions on the bottle?

Tebby

I put it in a smaller spray bottle and spray it on my scalp 2X per day. I wash my hair every other day.

I spray Surge on my hands/fingers then massage it onto my scalp. I try to do it at least once a day, but usually fail. I don't follow up w/a moisturizer, however, I sometimes put my Aveda Scalp Remedy on after applying.

Bumping for more suggestions....I guess I'm trying to figure out if there is an application that gives the best results.

Tebby

Tebby, I think with surge you have to find your own way how to use it that works best for you. Since some have experienced side affects, I don't think any two people really use it the same. I spray it on my scalp twice a day and follow up with ORS olive oil spray. One thing that is very clear, is that surge must be followed up by some sort of lubricant or you may experience bad scalp reactions.

I mix mine w/jojoba oil in an applicator bottle and apply it to my scalp 2x/day. I prefer it this way as opposed to spraying because it is less manipulation on my hair. I shampoo every other day and have not experienced any irritation.

i put it in a smaller spray bottle...

-part my hair spray it on my scalp and ends...once a day every other day...

i also have another bottle that is mixed w/ surge-and rosemary oil-glycerin..which is used for my ends at night

I part my hair and spray it straight from the bottle...I try not to get it on my hair but it's almost impossible and I haven't noticed any side effects anyway...I wash every 2 or 3 days.

I use an application bottle 2x a day. I follow with S curl, Kemi oyl and Ego boost. I conditioner wash every day

I just part my hair and spray it on my scalp. I absolutely follow up with a moisturizer! I have been surging for almost two months and use Surge twice a day. I conditioner wash my hair daily.

i have replaced the surge spray top w/ one of my old wgo applicator tops. it's great because it concentrates on the scalp and not the hair. i usually part my scalp, apply the surge, and follow w/ wgo (or some type of oil). i used to use the woogee cream but it's not as moisturizing as i would like. their motion lotion oil is good to follow up w/ IMO.

I spray twice a day. Once after I wash and then another at night before bed. When I spray on my scalp i don't put any moisturizer on but when I spray on my ends I use a leave in or moisturizer.

I wear cornrows regularly and I spray everything. I spray my scalp, in between the rows as well as my hair, from the root to the end. I do this twice daily and I rinse my hair and scalp when I shower so there isn't a Surge build up.

I spray at least 2x a day whenever I think about it. I havent had any reactions to it yet. I did add a little willards water to it when I first got it, hoping to increase the absorption. I dont know if it helps or not, but it was only a table spoon or so of it, it shouldnt have watered it down much. The only time I follow with moisturizer is when I'm spraying before putting it in a pony tail or something.

[ QUOTE ]
Tene said:
I part my hair and spray it on my scalp and follow up with a moisturizer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me Too.
smile.gif

I just part my hair and spray straight from the bottle. Then I spray a moisturizer on top of the surge. I do this every other night before bed.

I just follow the directions on the bottle (spray 2x a day). The only thing I do differently is moisturize my hair after using Surge because it makes my scalp dry. I prefer using Surge when I have braids rather than with my hair because it contains H20 and that makes my natural hair puff up something horrible.

I surged twice a day for almost a month after washing twice daily. Now I am only doing it when I wash, but I am using the same technique. After I wash and deep condition, I part my hair and spray the Surge directly on my scalp from the bottle. Then I comb it through, and apply a mixture of my favorite oils. Then I put my hair in two braids and airdry. This has worked pretty well for me. HTH
smile.gif

I use it on my edges only. I hate my edges becasue they seem so thin. Hopefully the surge will help
smile.gif

I spray Surge on my scalp 2x day and follow up with either coconut oil or Fantasia IC silky gel activator moisturizer. I conditioner wash every day.

i just got my surge. so far i've been following the directions.
it comes out a lot, so i think i'll follow suggestions and get an applicator top for it.

Thanks, ladies.

As for me, I spray directly from the bottle onto the scalp, followed by a thick moisturizer, or at the very least, Woojee cream. Is anyone experiencing dryer hair at the roots (not dry scalp)?

Tebby

I follow the instructions on the bottle too. I just hold the bottle a little closer to my scalp when I spray. I use it twice a day and I don't follow it up with anything. I also wash my hair twice a day so I try not to load my hair down with anything. Surge is the only other product I use on my hair besides shampoo, conditioner and hot oil treatments.
smile.gif

I use surge on my edges and nape and shampoo or co wash every evening. I spray it directly on. I can't use it on my hair, because it does not agree with my ends for some reason (makes them brittle). I have seen great results in the 3 weeks I have been doing this. My edges are filling in fast! They were a little thinner than I would like from having worn braids for a while a couple of years ago. Now that I see no ill effects, I am going to increase application to 2x per day.

Back