• with HOT water

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • with WARM water

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • with COLD water

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

amwcah

I was curious as to what temperature water you use to rinse your hair. Using hot water is very comforting and relaxing to me, but many products and people say to rinse with warm water.

Warm water, but I hear cool water rinses give better shine. I might try that in the summer. It is too cold right now to even think about it!:cool:

I use warm water. I only use cold if I happen to be in the shower too long and the hot water runs out before I can rinse out my conditioner. :lol:

buttaflye03 said:
Warm water, but I hear cool water rinses give better shine. I might try that in the summer. It is too cold right now to even think about it!:cool:
Yes it is true, try it ;)

Cold water closes the hair cuticles and leaves your hair with a nicer shine.

I have def. noticed a difference with my hair.

buttaflye03 said:
Hm, never heard that. I may have to try it once the weather gets warmer too. 25 degrees as a daily high ain't the time to be experimenting. :D

I rinse with warm water as well.

I rise with warm water but for the last 10 seconds I turn on the cold water. I try to only get it on my hair because its cold... but I love doing this because I can't feel an instant difference in my hair. Its like I can feel the cuticle close up so and all of a sudden the hair feels a little harder. But once I step out of the shower and my hair isn't on direct cold water, it feels really nice. Using cold water at the end is a good portective measure for your hair

cutiebe2 said:
I rise with warm water but for the last 10 seconds I turn on the cold water. I try to only get it on my hair because its cold... but I love doing this because I can't feel an instant difference in my hair. Its like I can feel the cuticle close up so and all of a sudden the hair feels a little harder. But once I step out of the shower and my hair isn't on direct cold water, it feels really nice. Using cold water at the end is a good portective measure for your hair

Yeah, I have definitey noticed a difference.

But it could be from other things too. But my hair is definitely smoother and gets alot more reflectance.

I shampoo and rinse my conditioner out with very warm water (it feels soooo good) but I do my final rinse with real cool water. I don't want to rinse my hair with cool water but it's suppose to close your hair cuticle and give your hair shine.:) so that's why I do it:)

I use lukewarm water because I feel that cold water makes my hair feel like it's reverted somewhat. And hot water I heard, dries your hair out. Back in the day, they didn't have "heated" water, so they HAD to use lukewarm water, the natural temperature.

cutiebe2 said:

That's a good idea! Ima try that because the cold water on my scalp this time of year gives me pneumonia just thinking about it!!!!

WHen I rinse in the shower I tend to go for warm/HOT water because it feels good on my body. However, when I rinse in the sink, I go for cool. I think I'm going to stop washing/rinsing in the shower. They say the hair should avoid direct heat as much as possible, I think it could also apply to hot water temps.:ohwell:

Last edited:
buttaflye03 said:

True! It is very cold up here. Thanks for the tip--->Cool water = shine

cutiebe2 said:

Mmm, I understand a little better now. Thanks for the elaboration. :)

Back