How do you regularly dry your hair?

How do you normally dry your hair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to fully airdry in rollers. Once my hair got to APL, it took FOREVER to dry that way. Now I half air-dry, then use my hooded dryer.

I rollerset from wet and then go under the hood dryer. I then flat iron my roots. I do this once every 3 weeks...

I always blowdry my hair after washing. Airdrying makes my hair proned to tangles and breakage.

i wash and go almost every day so its airdry. when i wear it "out", i braid first and when its dry I blow it out with a drying with a comb attachment

I didn't see "other" so I didn't vote in the poll. What I usually do is start off bydrying under my hooded dryer using heat for about 3-5 minutes followed by the cool air setting for like 10-15 minutes, and repeat until dry. I use the low heat setting about 20-25% of the whole drying time. So I couldn't vote for half and half as that would have been inaccurate.

right now I dry with a hand held ionic dryer until it is almost dry...I have no problems...My hair hates to be airdried...I get breakage and so much shedding when I do it...I don't know if it something about heat sealing the cuticles or what, but airdrying does not work for me....

With my sew-in I blow dry the hair and let the braids underneath air-dry. With my hair out I rollerset and use a hooded dryer.

i used to airdry in two braids...it made my hair very healthy but it would take two days to fully dry and my ends didn't look too great. Now I rollerset and dry with a tourmaline soft bonnet dryer once a week. My hair is dried in 1.5 hours and my hair ends are smooth and sealed.

I try lots of methods like in front of fan/ponytail/buns/dont forget scarves my hair takes 3 days to completely get dry i need to try somethin else a hood dryer/hand dryer/rollersets makes me sick:wallbash: to much time effort.

After washing I , put on leave in, usually the Sunsilk Captivating Curls(green bottle) or Hair One -Jojoba. I then seal in the moisture with Sabino Moisture Block, put my hair in a pony with a satin scrunchy and get under my bonnet dryer for 30 min on low.

The result is smoother cuticles than just regular airdried hair.

right now I dry with a hand held ionic dryer until it is almost dry...I have no problems...My hair hates to be airdried...I get breakage and so much shedding when I do it...I don't know if it something about heat sealing the cuticles or what, but airdrying does not work for me....

Me too, except with a diffuser attachment. My natural hair is super- fine and a wet head up here is a no-no...even damp is bad.:sad:

I was beginning to think I was the only one that use heat to dry:look:. My hair doesn't come out good completely airdried unless it's with the first few weeks of a relaxer. I haven't had any problems either. I just make sure to keep up with my deep conditioning and my chi silk infusion :grin:

Pin up all my hair, let dry till damp and not dripping at all.
bring down sections and comb very gently. then pin back up...usually each section is dry when they are pinned back up.

I didn't see airdry in twists or braids (although maybe the first choice "airdry fully loose" might've sufficed?). I always wash my hair in braids or twists, without undoing them anytime during or after the process. I let my hair airdry fully in them w/o doing anything extra like tying with a scarf or doo-rag.

I second this. Sometimes I dab my hair with Cantu leave-in and Castor oil -sit under the dryer for like 10 minutes. If my hair is loose, I totally airdry with a puff or ponybun.

Air dry in canerow or plaits or a bun and always cover with a scarf, it all depends on how I plan to wear my hair the next day

Back