How do you protect previously relaxed ends?

What do you cover your ends with during a touchup?

• Vaseline

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Conditioner

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Oil

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Something that came with your relaxer

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 20 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great tip guys!!!! Thanks so much!!! I've never protected my ends but next touch up I will try vaseline.

Its amazing at the things I learn from you ladies!!!!

I have tried coating my ends with Vaseline, which I hated since it does not rinse our readily and a cheapie moisturizing conditioner, which is pretty easy to use and easy to rinse out.

Just wondering what others use. I used neutralizing shampoo last touch up and it was great. I also base my scalp in vaseline and had no burning and and good body to my hair. plus it's cheap. I may try spraying it with SAA first then the shampoo next touch up.

How do you use it? I part my hair for my scalp going ear to ear, then just kind of slap on the neutralizing shampoo to the 4 sections I relax in, by separating them a little.

How do you feel about the effectiveness of what you use? This worked really well last time so I'm going to continue. I'm growing out more over processed hair from the Mizani, but so far, the shoulder-length part relaxed with ORS Lye is doing really well.

Optimum Anti breakage relaxer comes with an awesome protect creme for all your previously relaxed hair. I recently did a touch up with it and my hair came out so nice and wonderful. :grin: Now I don't have to fear self relaxing anymore.:yep:

I use a conditioner that I have in my stash that I don't like to coat the ends. I refuse to throw a product away.

Is anyone still using porosity control or neutral protein filler to protect their previously relaxed hair? Do you still do the mid-protein step before neutralizing if you coat your hair with something like the neutral protein filler?

my relaxer comes with a pre-treatment thing. it's like watery vaseline. it makes it hard to part my hair, not that i think about it. Next relaxer im gonna use PC or chi silk infusion

Black NaijaAussie Barbie;11715808[B said:
]Is anyone still using[/B] porosity control or neutral protein filler to protect their previously relaxed hair? Do you still do the mid-protein step before neutralizing if you coat your hair with something like the neutral protein filler?

bumping for a response to this. I plan on relaxing April 10th after a 12 month relaxer stretch.

morehairplease did you end up getting/using the neutral protein filler?
Hey there sweetie,
No, I did not use the neutral protein filler when I relaxed. A week after I self -relaxed, or telaxed b/c I did not smooth my hair enough for fear of overprocessing, I used a capful in my deep conditioner. This time around I plan on relaxing my hair in halves and smoothing twice before rinsing.

Affirm Protecto is the BEST, but you can only get it if you buy the entire Affirm relaxer kit. That Really chaps my hide...

I've tried affirm fiberguard (got a bunch of free samples at the Midwest show) but it makes the hair too heavy and sticky. I'm gonna try some type of serum next time around.

Oh, and I part my hair into quads and apply my relaxer with a tint bottle and smooth with the gold sprush.

Last edited:
Back