How do you protect hair that is already relaxed

ellemoe22

during a touch-up?

right now my hair is natural. I am considering a texturizer? I've already determined that I will be getting a touch-up 2x a year.
So to prevent the hair from getting staighter, what do you ladies suggests or use to cover the relaxed ends??

Some ladies use their favorite conditioner, vaseline, or hair grease.

Personally, I use Blue Magic coconut oil hair grease b/c I bought it on sale, and it's too heavy to wear when styled. I believe anything with a petroleum base will help prevent overprocessing.

hth

SweetPea is right.

I've used hair grease in the past, cholesterol cream mixed with petroleum, etc...The last time I just coated my ends with my base cream and it worked fine.

This sounds strange but I mix some neutalizer with some cholesterol. That way if any relaxer gets on the ends it's neutralized
smirk.gif
...well at least I believe it
grin.gif

I use a product called SENSITIVE SCALP By Summit to protect my scalp during every touch-up. I use a product called PROTECTO By Affirm to protect the previously relaxed hair.
It prevents over-processing. Both products work well for me!

I apply castor oil just before I relax to my previously relax hair. I have a large bottle from the Vitamin Shoppe for $5.64.

Back