How do you pay for dates a couple?

yokoyokogirl

My SO always automatically pulls out his wallet. Sometimes he'll say "Oh you want to treat me.." (as a hint) but I will try and pay sometimes before he pays too. I'm not totally inconsiderate about helping him out, but he also makes double what I make!

The thing is when he pays, he sometimes brings it up again. Like "I'm really poor now, because we ate expensive sushi" or "I bought my girlfriend a $800 necklace, so we have to eat ramen", which I understand, but is this normal. He's not rich and neither am I, but I want to know what's "normal" for hearing about paying for dates and etc.:perplexed

Don't feel bad. I think he is just joking with you. My SO always pays whenever we go out. I feel like that is the least he can do honestly because I have had his back in so many situations. But sometimes I do pay after I insist that it is ok that I pay.

I'm older so I realize younger women may think differently. If a man complains, keeps bringing up paying for dates, or hints at me paying he gets shown the door. That kind of behavior is cheap and tacky to me and I just don't have the patience. I am too old for that........

My SO pays for dates, although there was one place we went to (a faire) that didn't take credit cards so I helped him pay. It was embarrassing, lol.

Back