How do you like S Curl's new formula?

NubianPrize

1. I went to Sally's today & saw a new formula for S Curls activator moisturizer. The labeling is slightly different & say's "frizz free formula". Here are the old & new formulas. Have any of you tried the new one yet? If so,which do you prefer ? I decided to get a bottle...only 2 were left...& give it a try to see if it's as good as the old one. I used it on my hair this afternoon & my hair still feels moisturized & soft. This new formula seems to be thinner,absorbs into hair a bit faster & comes out of the sprayer in more of a mist. The real test will be how it lasts overnight & how my hair feels when I get up tomorrow.

Old Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Acetamide MEA, Ceteth-20, Olealkonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Simethicone, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

New Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Argan Oil, Olive Oil, Acetamide MEA, Ceteth-20, Oleakonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Panthenol, Simethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone.

Read more at http://www.hairliciousinc.com/2013/0...l8ey6IMl7Lk.99

I like that they dropped the Parabens. I haven't seen it yet but will check it out when I go back to Sally's.

The S Curl I have and have had since 2009 has the first list of ingredients listed but also Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Amyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

I already know I do not care for the new version. My hair loathes oils. Why the heck do they need to keep changing the formula if what I have isn't the original? Why mess with a good thang?

Anyway, I'm off to clean out Amazon before y'all take my products! I know you!!!
604027-hyt-new-dawn-watchmaking-smiley_running.gif

Lol Nonie. I have been wanting to try Scurl for a while. I'm sure the Bss still has the old formula.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

[USER=64213]Froreal3[/USER];17931275 said:
Lol Nonie. I have been wanting to try Scurl for a while. I'm sure the Bss still has the old formula.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Girl, I didn't want to take the chance of waiting till morning. Some of you might have relatives who'll pull them off the shelves before opening to save them for you.

I made the mistake of raving about something once and y'all cleaned out my state of an item I never had trouble finding. I had to have someone ship me that product from her state. Yeah, I don't dare blink with y'all around.

Why?? They could have just added a new version to the line, not change it altogether.

Sigh, RIP S-curl old formula.

pour-some-beer-out-for-homies.jpg

I like the new version. It smells really good and has better slip. But I can see that with some people's hair the argon oil that they added is going to be a problem. When I put too much of the new formula in my hair it leaves it alittle greasy.

i may try this. the old formula didn't work for me. it left my hair dry and crunchy. i may get some today, since my new growth is starting to come in.

My hair gets sooo dry with glyerine.
I wish that scurl agreed with my hair.
Its sooo inexpensive and gets soo many great reviews.

Why Why Why did they put in Disodium EDTA. :nono: My hair does not respond well to this unless I am chelating. I can handle it once a month, but not in my moisturizer.

The smell is def. better and it does seem oilier than the old version.
I wish it didn't contain DMDM Hydantoin but if it works I'll probably use it anyway.

Back