How do you know?

Danene5

I was wondering especially for those of you that are married, did you know that you were going to be proposed to? Was there any subtle hints? I think that I am getting subtle hints, but he is such a joker I just brush it off. Until yesterday I said "we have to take some pictures together" and he replied the next picture I take with you will be you in a wedding dress. He has been hintingfor quite some time, but I live day by day. Did you all get any hints?

Nope, I didnt get any hints............so I took matter into my own hands!! I PROPOSED TO HIM!!:) He said YES.

Oh yea- but we divorced now....:(

ChocalateDiva said:
Nope, I didnt get any hints............so I took matter into my own hands!! I PROPOSED TO HIM!!:) He said YES.

:eek: :( :( I so was not expecting that last part.

No hints for me. He was pretty straightforward. The first time he asked was during our third weekend together. The official proposal came a few months later.

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
:eek: :( :( I so was not expecting that last part.

Oh UMBlessedBeauty_1!! Its okay- we are still good friends and the married lasted 9 years and produced a few great kids!! He is the best babydaddy I could have wished for. :)

ChocalateDiva said:

that's why i'm not ever gonna ask a guy to marry me. if he wants to marry me he'll find a way to propose no matter what.

caribeandiva said:
that's why i'm not ever gonna ask a guy to marry me. if he wants to marry me he'll find a way to propose no matter what.
Why wait around for him to ask you?
I YOU want him, take him!

caribeandiva said:

Not trying to be crude, but him asking you won't save you from a divorce.

If you want him, get him.

:lol:

My dad didn't hint at anything. He's not very good at hinting... :lol: :lol: :lol:

caribeandiva said:

I am very assertive and I go 4 what I want and I am raising my daughter to do the same. But the way- I divorced him. He would take me back today, if I was with it.:look:

ChocalateDiva said:
Oh UMBlessedBeauty_1!! Its okay- we are still good friends and the married lasted 9 years and produced a few great kids!! He is the best babydaddy I could have wished for. :)

Oh okay I feel a little better now. I guess I was waiting for that happy ever after lol.

I didn't know and I was clueless of any hints. We dated for 8yrs plus and
that was fine with me because I wasn't looking to get married.

I knew that he would propose one day...we had been together for 5 years. I knew it would happen in the next year or two. I didn't know on the exact date that he would do it. It was a total surprise and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:

It was romantic and fun and casual and we were surrounded by beautiful things. Just wonderful all together one of the many memorable moments with my Honey....:p

ChocalateDiva said:

I'm sorry, for laughing..............:lachen:

I went and picked out the ring I wanted.:)

I kept going back to the store asking the girl if dh had bought it (I knew her) and she said yes, well THREE months went by, no proposal:eek: l and I was like WTF.

I kept trying to 'be prepared' and nada happened:mad:

When he finally did propose, he caught me totally off guard, i wasn't expecting it b/c I'd given up and stopped 'preparing'. He later told me he'd found out I'd been snooping:perplexed and thus delayed the proposal

I don't like surprises for some reason, well that's b/c i"m a control freak and like to be in control of all situations:lol:

Back