How do you know when your hair is healthy?

JerriBlank

I know everyone's hair is different.Point blank.
So what happened FOR YOU to let you know that your hair was starting to do much better?
Or what are you waiting to happen to let you know that things are looking up for your hair?
I know this may seem unrealistic to some,but when i can start using direct heat and not sustain enormous amounts of heat damage on my ends,and when i can tug on strands of my wet hair and they stop snapping,i will consider my hair to be doing better:grin:
So what happened for you??

Hey lady. Well I have been on this board for almost a month, but I lurked for about 3 months. My hair had grown to sholder length but because of not knowing how to care for my hair it became dry brittle and broke off. so I really did the b/c. (I cut it in layers) Since I have been lurking and trying out some of the suggestions (my pocket is almost empty) I can tell my hair is healthy I lose about 2-3 hairs a day. I have a great shine and my hair is soft to the touch along with when I run my fingers through my hair it does not break off in my hand. I am kinda obsessed with my hair now. I want to maintain a healthy head of hair as well as helping it grow. My moto is K.I.S.S (keep It Simple Stupid) Also I have relaxed hair.

Cowash 2-3x weekly
Design Essentials Clarifying Shampoo 1x monthly
Aphagee Protein Treatment 1x Monthly
Co-wash with baking soda or Lemon
Design Essentials Moiture Conditioner (love love love my hair feels so soft)
Hot Oil with essesntial oils
Crew Leave In Conditioner
CHI when I flat iron 2 times weekly
Low manipulation.
Finger comb daily

Source Multivitamin 2x daily (liquid)
Fish Oil 1x daily
Maxi-Hair 1x daily

Comb 2x weekly gently
Shoulder lengh by December 08 :grin:

When my hair started thickening up and felt soft, yet strong at the same time, I knew my hair had started to become healthy.

Hey lady. Well I have been on this board for almost a month, but I lurked for about 3 months. My hair had grown to sholder length but because of not knowing how to care for my hair it became dry brittle and broke off. so I really did the b/c. (I cut it in layers) Since I have been lurking and trying out some of the suggestions (my pocket is almost empty) I can tell my hair is healthy I lose about 2-3 hairs a day. I have a great shine and my hair is soft to the touch along with when I run my fingers through my hair it does not break off in my hand. I am kinda obsessed with my hair now. I want to maintain a healthy head of hair as well as helping it grow. My moto is K.I.S.S (keep It Simple Stupid) Also I have relaxed hair.

Cowash 2-3x weekly
Design Essentials Clarifying Shampoo 1x monthly
Aphagee Protein Treatment 1x Monthly
Co-wash with baking soda or Lemon
Design Essentials Moiture Conditioner (love love love my hair feels so soft)
Hot Oil with essesntial oils
Crew Leave In Conditioner
CHI when I flat iron 2 times weekly
Low manipulation.
Finger comb daily

Source Multivitamin 2x daily (liquid)
Fish Oil 1x daily
Maxi-Hair 1x daily

Comb 2x weekly gently
Shoulder lengh by December 08 :grin:

See,this is what i have been looking out for also. When i am in braids,it's no problem.I don't lose half as much hair in braids as i do when it's just my hair.You regimen sounds nice also:yep:
Congrats on making progress!

When my hair started thickening up and felt soft, yet strong at the same time, I knew my hair had started to become healthy.

I am working on this too.
Trying to balance my moisture and protein.I can't wait to get paid on friday to go get me some more Kenra:grin:

Also remeber u are what u eat. Do u eat healthy foods and drink water, take vitamins? When I found this board and realized I could have healthy long hair, and that my hair did not just stop growing I became not only did I become obsessed with my hair but my body also. I eat better. My skin looks and feels great. Because of the oils I use not only does my hair look good, but my hand are soft and my nails are retaining their length and not breaking like they used to. I feel so much better. My skin is not dry. I have not learned about my hair but I have also learned about me as a women. Not meaning black, white , hispanic or any other race. About me. So many wmen here have goals different but goals. to best the best her she can be. Whether retaing hair or just making it healthy. I know because I changed my inside thinking my outside will reap the benefits. I am loving my hair for the first time. Listening to it to see what it wants. I listen to my body when it syas I am hungry or thirsty why not just jump off the bridge and ask my hair what it needs. people say black folks don't need oil. yes I do how do I now my hair said so.:lachen: Sorry didn't mean to go off the deep end, but I am just so happy. For so long we have been told you can't have long hair, u can't have healthy hair unless u buy it, u'r hair is just a bad grade. Now I know I can have both.:lick:

Reach the impossible waist length.............:blush:

I know it's healthy when my hair is dirty and I comb or run my fingers through and don't have any breakage.

Back