How do you know if a product is making your hair

Jada

stronger? I hope this does not sound incredibly stupid. For some reason I am really certain when I know that something is either bad for my hair or I just don't like it. But, if a product say strengthens your hair does it feel differently? I hope I'm making sense it's just lately I have noticed that my hair feels different I guess you could say that it feels stronger...but if you guys would give me some input I would be grateful. I have only started taking care of my own hair recently (I wore weaves & wigs for a very long time) and to be quite honest this hair thing is kinda new to me..so if you could please help me out I would really be grateful... /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

When you notice a BIG improvement.

It also takes patience. Be consistent with what you use and you'll notice results. I don't like to "change up" very often. For instance, I love olive oil mixed in with moisturizing conditioner. When I first tried it, I did not notice the positive results right away. I skipped the olive oil once and I noticed a big difference.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Jada:

I am pretty sure that my hair is stronger. I really feel it.

How do I know?

When I washed my hair in the past, I would always take my hair into my hands and just squeeze gently to get some of the water out before applying moisturizer. When I did that, I would always find hair in my hands.

Can you guess what happens now? /images/graemlins/think.gif
Yes, I find no hair!

I honestly don't know what has made my hair stronger, but I know it has to be one of the three, and for some reason, I'm guessing that it's the ACV, or all three together:

1. ACV
2. S-curl
3. Olive oil on my scalp before applying the ORS Mayo (so
they are mixed in together, then I sit under a dryer for
30 minutes)

Hope this answers your question. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Jada,

Good question. For me, I got less breakage, and my hair just seemed to have a different look. It's hard to explain, but my hair looked healthy rather than flat, dull and lifeless. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can tell my hair is stronger when I comb my hair out after sitting under the dryer and no hair comes out also when setting my hair there is no hair in the comb. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif I contribute this strength to protein treatments like keraphix.

For me I know my hair is getting strengthening benefits from a product I'm using when it retains curl better. If I use a curling iron /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif or even when I rollerset the curls form easily and don't go limp as soon as the implement (whether roller or iron) that is used to create the curl is removed from my hair. I alos notice that when I touch and style my hair is doesn't snap off as easily. These two things are dead giveaways fro me that, for instance my protein conditioners, are working. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't know which product has made my hair stronger but I know something I'm doin or using has made my so much better.

I'm on the vitamin routine... it could be that
I wash and deep condtioner twice a week.... it could be that
I use products like Motions CPR, Moisturefuse, WGO, Hair Mayo, Infusiam 23.... it could be those
I stopped relaxing and dying.... it could be that

I don't know what it is exactly but I'm a just say it's a combination of all of the above so I'm not going to ever stop any of them.

When I used to wash my hair, without fail there would be a clunk of hair at the drain... Not anymore. My hair doesn't come out when I comb it or run my hands throug it, so I know it's in better condition... what's causing it? I can't specifically point to one thing but it's just better.

Hey Tracy! /images/graemlins/wave.gif
I never thought about my hair being able to hold curls better when my hair is stronger, but now that you mention it, I have noticed that when I do a rollerset, my curls do come out nicer than they used to. Thanks for that! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

crystal maybe its the whole combination of things that aremakin yo hair stronger rather than one thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In addition to what the girls have said, for me I think my hair is stronger because I shed alot less in the plug hole, less hair comes out during come outs and it just retains thickness as it grows without growing thin and straggly.

That to me are signs of a strong head of hair too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back