How do you keep your curls after a rod/roller/straw set?

sweetwhispers

Hello Ladies. I'm transitioning out of a bad dye job that gave me straight ends. I have around 1-2 inches of new growth ( i think could be a bit more). To try and hide this i flexi/perm rod the straight ends, but the curls don't last the next day. What do you wear on your hair to keep the curls? I've never had straight/relaxed hair so this is all new to me.

Thank you

I'd like to know too. I think some on here maintain by pin curling but I have never attempted.

Come on y'all.

Did you use a setting lotion when you first set it? If not, that's why the curls are falling. Wear a bonnet at night and be sure to wear a shower cap when you shower. That should keep them intact.

bgsix what is pincurling?

I use lottabody setting lotion, but i don't use any holding/hairspray because i'm scared of the alcohol. I wore a net to bed once but that didn't seem to do anything, i'll switch from a headscarf to a bonnet and see how that goes.

If i do a rollerset i just pincurl mine at night.
If i do a flexirod i just re-roll at night

Did you use a setting lotion when you first set it? If not, that's why the curls are falling. Wear a bonnet at night and be sure to wear a shower cap when you shower. That should keep them intact.

bgsix what is pincurling?

I use lottabody setting lotion, but i don't use any holding/hairspray because i'm scared of the alcohol. I wore a net to bed once but that didn't seem to do anything, i'll switch from a headscarf to a bonnet and see how that goes.

Sweetwhispers check out SleekandBouncy's siggy she has a link with instructions and pictures on pincurling. You know come to think of it pincurling is probably best suited for rollersets.

If you have rod/straw set, pincurling would IMHO destroy the look. Unless set is about to die and you want to extend the hairdo.

Sweetwhispers check out SleekandBouncy's siggy she has a link with instructions and pictures on pincurling. You know come to think of it pincurling is probably best suited for rollersets.

If you have rod/straw set, pincurling would IMHO destroy the look. Unless set is about to die and you want to extend the hairdo.

I agree with this. With a rod set you shouldn't have to do anything to it at night but cover it up. Pin curls are usually for bigger looser roller set curls. Rods stay pretty tight on their own.

I can maintain the curls by pincurling at night. I have been amazed by how curly my hair is after having pincurls in my head all night. I'm able to maintain my rollerset for the entire week (when I wash my hair again) with pincurls. :yep:

Back