How Do You Keep Your Braidouts From Sticking Out

Isis

out from your head?
antlers.gif

I started to wear a braidout yesterday, then at the last minute I put it back into a bun.
crazy.gif
I haven’t worn my hair down since last July and I thought I’d try a braidout. I did mine yesterday after airdrying overnight in a rollerset (to smooth and straighten). I then made 3 big braids, leaving them in for a few hours. When I took them out, my hair looked nice and wavy (loose waves like I wanted) with lots of body but it doesn’t lie flat. It sticks out at an angle too much, especially in the back, in a bushy kind of way. I haven’t used heat since July either and the last time I wore a braidout was before the hair boards when I blow-dried my hair, hot combed it straight, then braided it (it looked really good too, for a while…).

Are there any tricks or tips to make my braidout lie more against my head? Do I need to flat iron my hair first? Use some serum on it? I would appreciate all the help I can get from you ladies - thank you!!

I find that my braid outs do better if i braid when my hair is damp. I keep my ends from sticking out by rolling them with end papers and perm rods. Does this answer your question? Let me know.

If I plan on wearing it for a while I weigh it down with heavy products like mango butter, serums, and maybe a little setting lotion.

Thank you Karezone, Simplycee, Lindy and Ipanema - I think I'll use all of your advice, at once!
smile.gif
More braids may do the trick too as Simplycee said. My fat braids have nice big waves but they may be part of the cause of my hair sticking out instead of down. I'll roll the ends under and put a little more leave-in on my hair.

I just saw this recent thread too on "Braidouts" - I should have looked there first. I like the advice there also.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...7&bodyprev=

Re: How Do You Keep Your Braidouts From Sticking Out

The bigger mine are, the better.
laugh.gif

This weekend after shampooing my hair, I put my hair in 5 fat cornrows going straight to the back, and applied green rollers at the ends. I used Black and Sassy creamy set on each part before cornrowing. This was Friday night.

Sunday morning I took them out, greased my scalp. My ends stuck out, so I rolled smaller blue sponge rollers on them while I showered and got ready for church. When I was done, I took the rollers out, and this calmed the stick ends. I applied spray gel, a touch of spritz and oil sheen and I was done.

What made a huge difference for me was using perm-rods on the ends.. also leave some of the ends out after you braid and then roll them on a perm rod about 2-3 times . Got this tip from hairlove HTH

Thats what I do curlybun...leave a bit of hair out and roll...

Thank you ladies for your great advice! Now I saw those perm rods at Sally's, I'll have to add that to my list!

Back