• SO-Significant Other

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Friend

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 20.5%

• Total voters

Xavier

Just curious. I never liked the term BF because it sounds so juvi and SO sounds a little strange to me. I usually just say this is...followed by his name. Can this be precieved as being rude or having something to hide, by not stating the relationship of the person I am introducing?

Funny thing is I ALWAYS have a problem if I am not introduced as the girlfriend:ohwell:

I totally agree with you. I ABHOR the term "boyfriend" (especially at our ages) or even worse, "friend." I usually refer to him by name, and if asked to elaborate, I refer to him as my "sweetie."

Xavier said:
Just curious. I never liked the term BF because it sounds so juvi and SO sounds a little strange to me. I usually just say this is...followed by his name. Can this be precieved as being rude or having something to hide, by not stating the relationship of the person I am introducing?

Funny thing is I ALWAYS have a problem if I am not introduced as the girlfriend:ohwell:

I totally agree with the bolded part. I'm saved by the fact that people who I introduce him to (who are few in number) have already heard about him by the time they actually meet him. So all I have to say is "This is so and so"

balisi said:
I totally agree with you. I ABHOR the term "boyfriend" (especially at our ages) or even worse, "friend." I usually refer to him by name, and if asked to elaborate, I refer to him as my "sweetie."

Ohhh I like.

PS. I need to see you pronto, but I also need a ride. So when I figure out the latter, I'll do the the former. :)

CurleeDST said:
I met my husband at a friend's housewarming party. I had just had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed the previous week and my cheeks were still puffy. He thought I was cute and talked my ears off. We left without exchanging any information. He later called my girl who threw the party and asked her to ask me if he could have my number. The rest is history.

:lachen: CurleeDST- what question were you answering? Very cute story never the less.

Xavier said:

Yeah, that's a tricky one because I feel exactly the same way. I usually just end up introducing them by name or by name with BF thrown in.:perplexed But I'd love to hear of some alternatives.:look:

IRL I announce him as "my other half" or my partner because thats how I feel. I'm lazy and don't wanna be typing that online, so SO works:lol:

-A

I call him my friend. It makes him mad, but I have personal issues with having my identity tied to someone else.

I don't love the term boyfriend but I haven't had to introduce him to anyone who I didn't tell about him beforehand. So they already knew what he was to me. He introduces me as his lady or his baby... he's even said girl a couple of times... but I don't know how I would introduce him to be honest.

camellia said:
Before we were married I used to call him my boyfriend.

He used to introduce me as "The future Mrs. S******" :look: :lol:

Awwww, that's so sweet! Your hubby rocks. :)

Before we got married, I introduced him as my "Man", I was his "Woman." Now, I'm introduced as his "Lovely Wifey" or "Bebe." He's my "Darlin' Hubby" or my "Boo."

Xavier said:

I thought I was the only one who thought this...

i've only had to it once to my now ex. I introduced him to my uncle, aunties, and cousins by name. when asked for more details (by my cousins) i just said he's the guy i've been seeing for a month now.

I usually just say this is_______________.

But he introduces me as his girl.

I don't know why, but it makes me giddy everytime LOL!!! :love: :kiss2:

ibelieve said:

Me too! :love: :blush: And I'm an oldster! :lol: His friends, however, all call me "wifey" or "the wife."

ibelieve said:

me too! It depends on who I'm introducing him to. If I introduce him to people around my age I feel comfortable with I will say boyfriend. To people older I would just say this is _______

Hmm...since we got engaged I havent had the opportunity to introduce him to anyone as my fiance, but before depending on who it was Id say this is my sweetie or honey or boyfriend, he would say this is my girl. I just realized that at home or anywhere else we never call each other by our first names, just babe or baby or occasionally sweetie. :lol:

Xavier said:

I feel the same as you and I just stick with his name. I think people figure out the rest.

I have a picture of him on my desk and people sometimes ask who he is. I will say, "oh, that's my sweetie" or something like that.

As my 'pimp daddy' or 'the father of my children'... depends on the delicate balance of hormones running through my system on any given day !
:lol:

Back