How Do You Guys Apply Your Rinses?

LittleLuxe

Sorry if there's another thread on this.

Just curious, all these color/hair dye threads have me feeling eager for a change. What do you guys generally do when applying your rinses?

In your deep conditioner? (with or without oil?)

AFTER your deep conditioner? (Before or after Roux, sealing, what?)

Clean wet hair after shampooing?

Clean dry hair for maximum processing?

All by itself?

The choices are infinite!!!!

Lol, so yeah...I trust you ladies and you all have done this a million times before :)

I cant remember exactly how i did it last time, but i'm going to do a clear rinse tomorrow or Tuesday, so i guess this is a way for me to review/prepare, so...

i plan to apply it on clean hair, and to deep conditioning my hair right before (i was going to dc on Friday so i wouldn't have to dc right before i glaze, but i got lazy, so i'll do it all on the same day). I'll follow my deep conditioning with another conditioning treatment (Roux porosity control) while still in shower.

I think in the past i did it on dry hair, but because i'm doing so much on the same day, i will probably towel and air dry my hair a bit so it will be a little damp right before i glaze it.

As far as the clear rinse itself, i'm using Matrix Prizms Plus, and will be using it straight (no oils or conditioners mixed in), and will be processing it under my pibbs dryer for about 15 minutes.

After all that, moisture and seal as usual.

When using a rinse, I usually wash my hair with a moisturizing shampoo, then apply my rinse before conditioning, and leave it on as per the directions. Some directions call for sitting under the dryer, some do not. I then shampoo again or sometimes co-wash and proceed to deep condition. I deep condition after applying the rinse, because the rinse acts similar to a protein treatment on my hair and is pretty drying. I deep condition for about 30 minutes with heat or for an hour without heat.

After rinsing I proceed with detangling, adding my leave in and prepping my hair for whatever style I'm wearing.

This is the method that works best for me:

Rinse and fully saturate hair with water
Detangle with conditioner
Shampoo
Porosity Control
Apply semi-permanent color, then cover with a cap
Sit under the dryer for 20 minutes, let sit for another 20 minutes
DC
Leave-in
Sealant

I use Dominican Colorshowers as my rinse.

I shampoo with something moisturizing, then towel dry.

I apply the rinse in my hair using my hands only. I don't comb through, rather, mash and smush it in and gently pull to the ends. I do this by sections. My hair is fairly short (SL), so it's easy to manage. Afterwards, I sit under a dryer for 20 minutes. I allow the rinse to stay in my hair without heat for another 1/2 hour or so. Then I cowash to get the initial run off out. After that, I DC, rinse and add leave ins.

Hope that helps.

Back