How do you do a twistout?

pet

Hello girls,

I tried to use the search function, but it isn't working for me!

I currently press my hair, and since I want to flat iron my hair the day before school (the 28th) and my hair needs washing, I have decided to do a twistout for next week. The problem is....I don't really know how to do one...lol.

I have bought Fantasia IC Styling Gel with sparkelites to hold the twists when I do them.

So...what do I do? Do I twist my hair when wet, then blowdry, or the other way?

I really want my twists to come out neat, and not all over the place. I will probably keep the twists in until next friday, then wear it out on Saturday. But I really, really do no want puffy hair!! Plus, I have a very important meeting on Wednesday, so I really don't want to look a mess.

Also, my natural hair is pretty straight when it is dried, so I am almost sure that the twists will start to unravel....any ideas to keep them from unraveling?

And, how do a take care of my hair at night, so the next day it looks great?

Thank you in advance!

Just for your information, I will be washing with Mane n' Tail Shampoo, doing a deep conditioner with CON, and using Salerm as a leave in. So, what's next?

Well when i had a relaxer i would do flat twists (like cornrows) and then just sit under a dryer.
I just did a twist out last night on my natural hair. I used the miss jessie's substitute in the hair recipies forum to fight against shrinkage. For last night i just did two strand twists (like plaits or braids) and set under a dryer. I didn't take them down till this morning.
Put a roller on the end to give a little extra curl and keep from unraveling.
Beware of shrinkage on natural hair.

redeemed516 said:
Well when i had a relaxer i would do flat twists (like cornrows) and then just sit under a dryer.
I just did a twist out last night on my natural hair. I used the miss jessie's substitute in the hair recipies forum to fight against shrinkage. For last night i just did two strand twists (like plaits or braids) and set under a dryer. I didn't take them down till this morning.
Put a roller on the end to give a little extra curl and keep from unraveling.
Beware of shrinkage on natural hair.

you take out the twists after they dry right?

Back