How do you decrease shedding and breakage??

CaramelMiSS

For the last couple of days my hair has been in distress and this is the most panicked I have ever been about it. Yesterday I took a shower and did a co-wash, and I saw a lot of hair in my comb there was some long strands and short ones. I have never shed like this before, so I must ask how do you control your shedding and breakage??

When I see more shedding and breakage like now at 6 weeks post, I like to do a mild protien treatment weekly. I am aldo going to do a henna treatment later this week. I trying to push my relaxer till march.

I love Motions CPR for this... It's not too strong a protein, but it halts my breakage. I also can use it alone without a moisturizing protein following if I use a good leave in.

Last edited:
baglady215 said:
I love Motions CPR for this... It's not too strong a protein, but it halts my breakage. I also can use it alone with a moisturizing protein following if I use a good leave in.

That one does work well.

Well I've personally have stopped breakage w/ Pantene Restorative shampoo & conditioner treament. Supergirl in an earlier post today swears by Mizani Rose H20 Night Time Treatment.

I've also stop further breakage by using a soft-to-the-touch brush.

I was wondering if its "shedding season" again....my hair has been shedding and breaking alot. I did the deep conditioner, did the major proteins and moisturizing conditioners, but no to avail. I found the clarifying helped alil with the breakage, but what really made a difference is oiling/greasing my scalp. I've been trying to just use leavin in conditioners on my strands w/o oil, and my hair, scalp wasnt havin it...its gotta have its grease/oil. My fav right now is my vatika, coconut & emu oil mix :)

ITA Pooh. :up: I wash less (like once per week) and I do the baggie method day and night without any breakage. Also I do a "Hot Oil Garlic" treatment. ;) No more shedding period.

CaramelMiSS said:
For the last couple of days my hair has been in distress and this is the most panicked I have ever been about it. Yesterday I took a shower and did a co-wash, and I saw a lot of hair in my comb there was some long strands and short ones. I have never shed like this before, so I must ask how do you control your shedding and breakage??

Shalom Missy!

I ditto the henna treatment. Henna will slow the shedding. The breakage maybe snip off the ends very slightly then begin applying a light oil to the ends. This weather could also be the culprit.:confused: My ends got really stupid and I had to start clipping.

tsiporah said:
Shalom Missy!

I ditto the henna treatment. Henna will slow the shedding. The breakage maybe snip off the ends very slightly then begin applying a light oil to the ends. This weather could also be the culprit.:confused: My ends got really stupid and I had to start clipping.

Thanks for the advice Tsiporah I will try to do henna But I am worried that it might get a little messy.

Poohbear said:
To decrease shedding and breakage... leave your hair alone and stop combing often.

Well I only try to wash once a week and comb once a week too but the shedding and tangles is at it's worse when I only comb once a week and I find that I end up frustrated because I see breakage and too much shedding.

Back