How do you blow out your hair?

La Colocha

Hi ladies i hope im saying this right but i want to blow my hair out to see how much i have, like a fro. But what do i do? Will the heat from the blow dryer damage my hair? Im a 4a coily with alot of shrinkage and i just want to see what my hair looks like. I don't mean to sound dumb but i have never done this before.

Thats not a dumb question at all! I'm relaxed but I think this tip would be good for your coily hair as well:

-part your wet hair into 4 equal sections (from ear to ear and forehead to nape)
-apply your favorite leave-in conditioner
-seal that conditioner in with a light oil or serum (I prefer shine serum)
-blow dry each section one at a time using your blow dryer (maybe 6-12 inches away from your head)
-point the nozzle down as you blow dry. you can brush your hair with a paddle or vent brush as you dry it or just use your fingers

Blow-drying still isn't the healthiest choice, but we all know its necessary sometimes! I hope this helps.

Thats not a dumb question at all! I'm relaxed but I think this tip would be good for your coily hair as well:

-part your wet hair into 4 equal sections (from ear to ear and forehead to nape)
-apply your favorite leave-in conditioner
-seal that conditioner in with a light oil or serum (I prefer shine serum)
-blow dry each section one at a time using your blow dryer (maybe 6-12 inches away from your head)
-point the nozzle down as you blow dry. you can brush your hair with a paddle or vent brush as you dry it or just use your fingers

Blow-drying still isn't the healthiest choice, but we all know its necessary sometimes! I hope this helps.

Thank you so much, im going to try this when i wash my hair.

Back