How do you Blend Real Hair with Weave Hair

caligurl

I've noticed that my hair does not blend with my weave. When I go to the salon my stylist is able to blend my hair, but she has to use tons of heat and I'm unwilling to do that every 2 weeks. I tried changing the hair I use to kinky straight, but that just left my hair looking like a big poof ball.

Do any of you know of any products or techniques that can help me blend my hair without using a lot of heat. I usually have a small section out in the front so that I can make a side or center part.

Hi Caligurl,

I guess it would depend on the texture difference between your hair and the weave hair.

When I want a straight look, I only use a Yaky that is not bone straight, because my natural hair will never match Euro straight hair. If you wear a wavy or curly weave, you can probably blend by setting your hairline with a soft gel and scarf.

You may have to get use to idea of looking with a permie who is "stretching" with NG versus a perfectly straight hair from roots to tip. I just stopped leaving any hair out, so that all is tucked away to grow and I did not have damage my hairline to blend.

Hope this helps - CD! ;)

You are going to have to use some heat and a serum to get it straight. If you use the high heat once it will last two weeks. I done this both ways trying to use low heat and that did not work it kept frizzing then I ask my hair dresser who is is excellent told me its better to use high heat once with a serum which protects your hair and it will get it super straight. I use Sebastian serum now but when it runs out I am going to use Biosilk. Heat is not bad if the hair is protected and properly conditoned before hand.

I just use a lil wrap lotion and serum on my hair that's left out after I wash it. Let it dry and I blow dry the weave. I use my Chi to flat iron my hair and I use small parts. Don't get caught up in using alot of products though because it causes the hair not to blend well. I don't add products on the weave either. Good luck

You'll probably have to use heat on it initially. I usually use curl wax to straighten my hair in the front. And it stays like that pretty long. I use the curl wax over gel or glaze because those will make your ng revert. The curl wax will not. From then on, I just smooth it down with a little curl wax before tying it down with a scarf. Oh yeah, I like the QP Curl Wax. It's not as greasy as some of the others and it smells great. HTH... :)

A Flat Iron and VO5 Smoothing Souffle worked for me last summer when I had a sew-in. Even the Smoothing Souffle alone worked great for me.

Back