How do you apply your moisturizer????

cocoa32

Do you:

1. apply it in sections (if so, how many?) or do you just apply it to your whole head at once?

2. apply it with your fingertips or spread it throughout your palms and then distribute?

Also, how do you ensure you get it from root to tip?

tia

I Seperate my hair into four sections.
I apply moisturizer in my palms rub and then apply to each section.
I apply my moisturizer to each section comb thru then apply a little more to the ends.
I then apply oil to all of my hair and use a little grease for the ends.

Do you:

1. apply it in sections (if so, how many?) or do you just apply it to your whole head at once?
Yes, I apply in sections. No specific number, I just make parts with my fingers as I apply the moisturizer.

2. apply it with your fingertips or spread it throughout your palms and then distribute?
I rub it with my palms and distribute it into the sections of my hair (sectioning as I go along).

The sectioning helps with that. I rub a little on my roots and distribute it to the tips of my hair.

I got tired of separating my hair and applying the moisturizer everyday.

So what I have been doing lately is I spray S-Curl on my hair and then I lightly spray oil on it to seal. My hair stays moisturized. Also, sometimes I don't take my ponytail down. I just spray the S-Curl on the ponytail and the rest of my hair and keep getting up. This has been quick, easy and less messy for me.

cocoa32 said:
Do you:

tia

Thanks for posting this thread b/c I have been wondering the same thing. Also, how much oil do you use to seal; lately my hair has been getting really greasy, I think I'm a bit heavy handed with both the moisturizer and the oil.

I start from the bottom and part with my fingers and work my way to the top to make sure I don't miss any parts, it's pretty quick too

br0wney3z said:
Thanks for posting this thread b/c I have been wondering the same thing. Also, how much oil do you use to seal; lately my hair has been getting really greasy, I think I'm a bit heavy handed with both the moisturizer and the oil.

Then use a little less than you normally do. Your hair shouldn't be too greasy (from oil) or too wet (from moisturizer). It takes time to get it right, just feel free to adjust the amounts. Your hair will tell you what it needs.:)

i just put some in the palms of my hands and rub some on the brown side of my hand also:grin: and smooth over my entire head concentrating on the ends mostly, going in and out of my hair. like running my hands thru my hair

I just flip my head upside down and smooth my moisturizer on. Right now I'm using B&B Oil Moisturizer, I use it right before wash day. Then I flip my head slowly back upright and then I spray with Motions Oil Sheen Moisturizer. I make sure that hits all three sections (top, middle and back).

It really depends on what I'm doing to my hair. Since I usually rollerset so I'll just use that for example. I use Frederica Fekkai glossing cream as my moisturizer. After removing my rollers, I apply a small amount to the ends of each rolled piece of hair. I will also apply a dab to my edges. I might throughout the day emulsify a small amount on my finger tips and run through my hair if I'm wearing it down. If I re-roll at night, I will finger comb each piece that I'm rolling and again apply a dab to the ends. Any other moisturizers are my leave ins that is applied to my wet hair.

Thanks for your responses. I've been applying mine in about 7 sections for the past few weeks. I realized I wasn't really getting the roots too well. My hair is very dry so I think I'm going to start massaging it in my ng and then work out towards the ends. I always apply extra to the ends. I think I'm a bit heavy handed with the coconut oil. Sometimes it's a bit too greasy. I'm going to try a lighter hand next time.

I spread it in my palms and then distribute. Then I take some more and go over my ends a second time. I don't separate my hair into sections, I just leave my hair down and apply it to a section large enough to fit between my palms, then go to the next section, etc.

cocoa32 said:
Do you:

tia

1) I split my head into 4 sections
2) I rub my moisturizer in my palms to warm it up and rub it on each section

I twist strands of my hair from root to tip and apply the moisturizer in a spiraling motion down the hair shaft. This way, I am able to catch the end of all of my layers - where the moisture is needed the most!

SerenityBreeze said:
I twist strands of my hair from root to tip and apply the moisturizer in a spiraling motion down the hair shaft. This way, I am able to catch the end of all of my layers - where the moisture is needed the most!
I never thought of the spiral motion. That's a good idea. It's a good way to get each strand.

Back