How do you apply DIME SIZED amounts to entire head

Innocent_Kiss

My mom told me I'm VERY heavy handed when I use my hair products. Usually, most hair products recommend using a dime sized amount and applying it to your entire head. To me, that seems impossible
laugh.gif
Even a little more than a dime size seems impossible. How in the world do you get your products to evenly distribute over your entire head with a dime size? I'm going to try to let up on being heavy handed. This might be causing all this build up I'm having.

Re: How do you apply DIME SIZED amounts to entire

LOL..I agree though..I have TOO much hair for only a dime size amount of something to work.

I put a little (maybe half a dime sized amt, LOL) in one hand, rub my hands together to distribute it over my hands (quickly and briefly so your hands don't absorb too much of it). Then rub on front sections of hair. Do this again and rub on back sections of hair. Of course, if I'm not satisfied that that's enough, I always add a little more.
wink.gif

I apply leave-ins by sectioning towel-dried hair into 4 sections using fingers and then sparingly apply product -- I don't necessary use a dime-size or whatever (my 4b hair LAUGHS at dime-size anything!), but I do use just enough to coat each section lightly (probably about a quarter-size for each section). I use to be heavy-handed too, but found that the less leave-in I used the better my hair behaved (lighter and bouncier!) and my hair drys a lot faster too. . .

Keep experimenting with LESS each time and see how your hair behaves and eventually you'll be able to tell what is "enough" just by how your hair FEELS after you apply the product.

Thanks pressncurl
smile.gif

I'm gonna try this method. Dime sized amounts to sections of my hair
wink.gif
It's way too thick to be modest with products.

I don't even pay attention to that. My mother told me that when I was born, they used me in the hospital nursery as an example of how to wash your baby's head. They said that you use a dime sized amount of shampoo, but in this case, a quarter size amount. And that was on my head as a BABY. My hair is 20 times longer and thicker and my head is twice as big so I'm going to be heavy handed.

There is no way the product is going to be all over my hair with a dime-size.

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyRockette said:
I use two dimes and a nickel. That's about enough.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I agree with Neroli about applying in sections. And I, too, have found that using the least amount necessary feels the best on my hair.

I used to be heavy handed too. But I've learned that applying to much product to your hair can weigh it down. Try emulsifying the dime sized amount in your hand, and lightly spread it all over your hair.

Back