How do you 4a/b ladies stretch relaxers?

meka

The only way I am able to do so it by getting braids or something. If I don't then my hair is breaking like there is no tomorrow. How do you ladies maintain your new growth?TIA

I stretch between 12-16 weeks and it gets pretty rough. I use cornrows and S-curl or Sta-Sof-Fro and I make it through just fine.

This is what i do, i have over four months of new growth, thAT I DIDN'T RELAX when i did a corrective on the length of my hair 3 weeks ago, i wear cornrows for 2 months, however i redo do individual braids every two weeks to avoid matting issues, when i take them out for deep conditioning, i use detanglers and moisturisers to keep it soft, if there is too much friction, i add a heat protectant and carefully blow my roots out on cool, just enough to get a comb through two days later i put cornrows back in, this helps lessen breakage.

moisturisers

Wildgrowth hair oil
Profectiv Roothealth
Profectiv Breakfree
S-curl
Better braids unbraids
Black and beauitful braid repair serum

Shampoos

Creme of nature
Elasta qp Creme conditioning

conditioners

Redken smooth down butter treat
Redken all soft heavy cream
Motions silk protein
Motions CPR Treatment conditioner
Keracare humecto
lekair cholesterol

Reconstructors

Elasta QP BC Serum
Aphogee
Nexxus Keraphix
Affirm 5 in1
Joico k-pak

Tools

Widetooth comb
Shower comb

These products and tools help me cope with newgrowth.

I'm at 11 weeks right now..and it's getting hard I have only stretched one time and that was for 6 mnths and I got cornrows every 3 weeks. It seems like when I wash my hair I'm losing so much,but it's probably shedding since I the only time I comb is after washing every three days. I had a sewn-in weave but only for two weeks and end up losing more hair after taking it out. I make sure I keep my newgrowth moisturised after I use Surge. I only wear it in a bun, and haven't used any heat. I only have one more week before I get a relaxer...thank God!

I'm at 7 weeks now. I wash my hair every 3-4 days, airdry, and use a scarf and a satin cap at night. I usually put my hair into a ponytail and use the baggie method when I go to bed. I also moisturize thoroughly using Healthier Hair in a Bottle! Oil Spray, as well as an ends treatment and sometimes a detangling mist. I get minimal breakage but I do get shedding, especially on wash days. I think I'm a 4B but I cannot braid well and I do not like cornrows so my hair is as is. My new growth is obvious but it blends well with the rest of my hair.

I managed to go from every 6-8 weeks to 4.5 months with my trusted cermaic iron once a week. I didn't comb when in the shower as the NG was too thick. I'd have to seperate it and finger comb it. It was a hellish task every sunday but WELL WORTH IT.

I'm at week 10...6 more to go. I use scurl and unbraid spray (WHICH IS AWESOME ON NEW GROWTH) and I ONLY comb in the shower. I do not comb once it's dry....
I have to admit before going natural I would never have been able to stretch it this long. After having been natural I'm not "afraid" of my natural anymore and therefore I'm not in a rush to texturize PLUS I now know how to handle it.
I wash it 2-4x/month and I wear it in a baggie all the time. And I DO NOT USE HEAT anymore...basically it's always up and protected so I'm not manipulating it much except on wash day (in the shower)...

I'm in my 13th wk and am stretching to 16. I believe my hair is 4A. I keep my bun all through the stretch. The products I use to manage my newgrowth are SCurl and Organics Leave-In Hair Mayonaisse. HTH

This summer I went from April to September without a touch up with the help of braids. I would just wear the braids for 3-4 weeks, take them out, wear a bun for a week to 10 days and rebraid.

I'm currently 5 weeks post touch up and managing the new growth fine but it gets hectic around week 8 so I'm thinking seriously of wearing braids for a month once I reach week 8. I retained so much length this way and gave my hair a break.

[ QUOTE ]
I stretch between 12-16 weeks and it gets pretty rough. I use cornrows and S-curl or Sta-Sof-Fro and I make it through just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

[ QUOTE ]
I managed to go from every 6-8 weeks to 4.5 months with my trusted cermaic iron once a week. I didn't comb when in the shower as the NG was too thick. I'd have to seperate it and finger comb it. It was a hellish task every sunday but WELL WORTH IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do. I'm still new to the game though, it's only been 4.5 weeks since I last relaxed it and that was a virgin relaxer The main difference is that my hair is relaxed only slightly (4b --> 4a/3c) and I don't wash it often. With that said, I plan to only get retouches hopefully 1-3 times a year.

I think the main point is making sure that you know how to handle that demarcation line. The closer your relaxed ends are to your new growth, the easier it is to handle.

I am at week 7. I have stretched out to 9 weeks in the past, but this time I am going out to 12 weeks. I wash every 3 -4 days, I condition HEAVILY and to keep my roots under control, I spritz with Dew and apply Mango butter and tie a satin scarf on my head. 1 hour later, the hair is pretty straight, I have 4a/4b hair that is fine textured. I only wear it in a ponytail during these rough weeks. /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never used s-curl, but I'm tempted to try. I hope that it doesn't make my hair have that "smell" or look really greasy. But hey, for the sake of stretching out my relaxer, I'd try almost anything! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back