How do people get this look? Human hair braids!

PeaceFlow

I bought some HH for the first time and am getting it braided in tommorrow. Its wet and wavy supposedly but it just looks bushy and wavy at the moment. How do people get this look? I dont know whether to use product or dip in hot water (would the hair still stay soft using hot water curling?)

Question 2: I heard that wet and wavy hair is braided in a different way. This woman is supposed to have 16" but I bought one that is 18" but when folded like you do when applying braids, the hair only comes to above my shoulder:ohwell:

Please help!

I think when the hair is braided, it will look less bushy and more wavy. Dipping the hair in hot water may help to define the wave more. Personally, when I had the wet & wavy braided look, the hair was not bushy. I think I used LA Trend, about 14" and it was super short. I think 18" will be fine.

I never use hot water on human hair. I only have seen it used on the synthetic hair and that actually works to make it all wavy. When I use HH, I just use product.

I just got my hair braided today and they don't fold the hair in half. THey just folded over maybe the first inch of hair. They cut the hair I brought in half and it still reaches my brastrap.

When I want the above look, I wet my hair in the shower and then apply moose as soon as I get out. It helps it to dry more like the picture instead of bushy.

I never use hot water on human hair. I only have seen it used on the synthetic hair and that actually works to make it all wavy. When I use HH, I just use product.

I just got my hair braided today and they don't fold the hair in half. THey just folded over maybe the first inch of hair. They cut the hair I brought in half and it still reaches my brastrap.

Thanks so much :heart:, I've never heard of braiding like that. I really did not want it to be too short.

And thanks everyone for the styling tips, I guess I need to go back to the BSS :perplexed

I never use product on human hair extensions. Usually the section containing my hair doesn't look wavy when I braid it. Only the section beyond the braids.
BraidsApril2007-vi.jpg

If I want waves along the entire length of the braids, I do a braid out.
Czandsoontobe4Poup-vi.jpg

Back2BraidsnofaceJan2005-vi.jpg

BTW, I also prefer the full fold at the center than the fold at the top when attaching hair, as I feel the centerfold helps to keep the braid more or less uniform in thickness from base to ends. Of course your hair does make a slight difference but I think a double extension at the start plus hair, then single plus hair then single no hair would be very obvious. But that's JMHO.

In the first pic, I use 20 inches which gave me 10-inch braids. In the second pic, I used 28" extensions which gave me 14-inch braids.

ETA The pic you posted just looks like she used wet n wavy and just let the length of the braids do its thang. I think this shows more if you don't braid to the ends. I usually do.

Last edited:
Well I got them an I like it but still trying to figure out how to keep it shiny and not let it matt:
curlyxx8705494.jpg

They were done by folding over 3 inches ish

I find that when they don't fold all the way over, the hair will end up sticking out. I ended up having my hair cut this way when the braider was cleaning up stray strands.

If you dip that human hair in hot water you may be sorry. The cuticles can swell up and you will have your self a tangled up ball of mess. :nono:

If you have a good braider, she will not have fold the hair in half to braid. She should be able to distribute the hair and fold further up the strand.

I never use product on human hair extensions. Usually the section containing my hair doesn't look wavy when I braid it. Only the section beyond the braids.
BraidsApril2007-vi.jpg

If I want waves along the entire length of the braids, I do a braid out.
Czandsoontobe4Poup-vi.jpg

Back2BraidsnofaceJan2005-vi.jpg

BTW, I also prefer the full fold at the center than the fold at the top when attaching hair, as I feel the centerfold helps to keep the braid more or less uniform in thickness from base to ends. Of course your hair does make a slight difference but I think a double extension at the start plus hair, then single plus hair then single no hair would be very obvious. But that's JMHO.

In the first pic, I use 20 inches which gave me 10-inch braids. In the second pic, I used 28" extensions which gave me 14-inch braids.

ETA The pic you posted just looks like she used wet n wavy and just let the length of the braids do its thang. I think this shows more if you don't braid to the ends. I usually do.

That's pretty Nonie, you did that your self :shocked: You got skills!

When I want the above look, I wet my hair in the shower and then apply moose as soon as I get out. It helps it to dry more like the picture instead of bushy.
You have to have good hair too so that it doesn't matt.

I used to get Soft Wavy from Lugos, that was the best braiding hair on the planet back in the day. I'm not sure what they are up to now-a-days...

ETA:

All my Brooklyn and Miami ladies holla!! http://www.lugohair.com/

I really don't think you need to put anything but lukewarm or tepid water on Wet N Wavy or Water Wave hair to get it like that. I washed my hair on Wednesday (or it might've been Tuesday) and didn't add anything to it and the waves just came to life on the area beyond my own hair. The attachment shows my hair after I washed it. No product has been added.

Attachments

• Braids after first wash.jpg
    Braids after first wash.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19
I really don't think you need to put anything but lukewarm or tepid water on Wet N Wavy or Water Wave hair to get it like that. I washed my hair on Wednesday (or it might've been Tuesday) and didn't add anything to it and the waves just came to life on the area beyond my own hair. The attachment shows my hair after I washed it. No product has been added.

Wow. So Purty.

Back