How do I post a picture in my avator?

I'm not really technical, but the same thing kept happening to me until I found a picture that was less than 100 x 100 pixels.

Good luck...hopefully some of the techies in the forum will respond.

You have to open you picture up in your Windows Picture Manager. Go to EDIT PICUTRES in your tool bar up top and then go to RESIZE.

The options should open up on your right hand side. Go down to CUSTOM WIDTH AND HEIGHT.

Eventhough I would type in 100 x 100, it would default the size to how the picture was taken and I'd end up with something like 100 x 178, still too big.

I found that you have to go a little below 100. Like, type in the first box 78 and then hit OK. It will size it for you to something like 78 x 109, still too big. So you play with it from there.

What really helps is if you crop the picture first. Shave off all the unnecessary background. Then start resizing. For example: If you just want your face and hair. Crop all the stuff that is around you in the picture so that the focal point is your hair and face. Sometimes you have to even cut your body out of the picture just so it won't be tiny when you upload your avatar. Then try resizing.

HTH

~op~

Last edited:
onepraying said:
You have to open you picture up in your Windows Picture Manager. Go to EDIT PICUTRES in your tool bar up top and then go to RESIZE.

The options should open up on your right hand side. Go down to CUSTOM WIDTH AND HEIGHT.

Eventhough I would type in 100 x 100, it would default the size to how the picture was taken and I'd end up with something like 100 x 178, still too big.

I found that you have to go a little below 100. Like, type in the first box 78 and then hit OK. It will size it for you to something like 78 x 109, still too big. So you play with it from there.

What really helps is if you crop the picture first. Shave off all the unnecessary background. Then start resizing. For example: If you just want your face and hair. Crop all the stuff that is around you in the picture so that the focal point is your hair and face. Sometimes you have to even cut your body out of the picture just so it won't be tiny when you upload your avatar. Then try resizing.

HTH

~op~

I got it I got it!!!! Thank you onepraying I've only been trying to figure it out for 2 yrs now. Thanks!

Back