How do I fix a protein overload?

Latomian

I think I overloaded with protein b/c right now, my hair feels stringly and brittle and not very good at all:cry2:.

I didn't see this coming as I have not used a protein in 3 wks and I used Aphogee 2 min. Funny thing is, my new growth feels glorious but my relaxed ends are all crunchy. What do I do?

Well since your new growth is fine, I don't think it's protein overload. You may have damaged or overprocessed ends for some reason. If your ends are split...trim time! If not, you may just need a REALLY intense moisture DC. And it probably won't fix itself in one DC, it may be a few weeks before you notice a difference. I'd just make sure to DC every 5 days of so, lay low on heat, and moisturize daily. HTH

ETA: If you wear protective styling, how are you securing your ends? For instance, I NEVER secure my ends in a ponytail holder, I bobby pin my ends. My point..the culprit could be in your daily styling habits.

when my ends are crunchy its a sign for me to moisturise.....and i've found a crreamy based moisturiser works well....

or i will do a moisturising deeep conditin....i make sure the conditioner i use doesnt have a lot of protein in it.......or i mix honey, oils, aloe vera gel, glycerine (what ever i feel like using) and cheap con as the deep moisturizing con

I think protein gets a bad rep... from what you say about your hair, it sounds like more of an issue of moisture, over-processing, and porosity than protein overload.

I think protein gets a bad rep... from what you say about your hair, it sounds like more of an issue of moisture, over-processing, and porosity than protein overload.

I agree :yep: From what you've described, your hair just sounds dry. Deep conditiong with moisturizing conditioners and daily moisturizing should fix the problem.:yep:

Back