How did your hair behave to let you know it NEEDED POROSITY CONTROL?

Diva_Esq

What does hair that needs Porosity control look like/ how does it behave? How do you know if you need it? :perplexed

Mine was Damaged, Dry, Brittle and Overprocessed. Also, inability to Hold & Retain Moisture.

After my Major Salon Mishap of December of 2008, I was told by Several Kitchenticians and the Girls in Sally Upon Site that my hair was Overly Porous.:blush:

You Cuticle is damaged, lifted, holes......:perplexed

Read newflowers Thread: Porosity the Forgotten Step and she has pictures in that particular thread of what a Damaged, Overly Porous Hair Cuticle looks like.:yep:

*sorry, i didn't attach the thread*:ohwell:

How about this one. Your are under running water in the shower, your hair is wet and it still feels dry.

It took forever for my hair to actually get wet in the shower. Then, it dried way too quickly.

I still haven't mastered frequency of use though. I used it a week apart and the results were disasterous!

Yeah I concur with that 'dry hair' when it's supposed to be wet. I experienced that once and thought WTF? That mess is horrible! :nono: I did a PC with my next DC and all was fine.

For me, I could tell I needed it because my hair strands were rough. I could literally feel that my hair cuticles were raised if I ran my fingers up a hair strand (rather than downward). I love PC and can't praise it enough. In fact, I use it as every single shampoo. Porosity Control shampoo is the #1 must have staple in my hair routine.

I could tell I need it when my hair is dry and no matter how much deep conditioner or moisturizer I put in my hair it still remains dry. The same goes for protein, if my hair is breaking and adding more protein to my regimen doesn't stop the breakage I know I'm having a porosity issue.

For me, I could tell I needed it because my hair strands were rough. I could literally feel that my hair cuticles were raised if I ran my fingers up a hair strand (rather than downward). I love PC and can't praise it enough. In fact, I use it as every single shampoo. Porosity Control shampoo is the #1 must have staple in my hair routine.
Cosign on this. I could literally feel my hair cuticle. But all is well now and this is my first of many more to come with using it. It is like heaven sent.

Last edited:
:look: I better get on this porosity control :ohwell: So do I do it before I DC, or what? When and how does one use it?

Thank God I've never had an issue with porosity. I use it after my dc to close and seal the cuticles. I baiscally rinse the dc, the apply pc for a min and then rinse. I love this stiff, it
makes my tangles melt away and I am able to easily comb my hair in the shower when I deep in my stretch.

As other ladies have said, my hair would be soaking wet yet feel dry. Dry very fast after I showered, very annoying when roller setting. Funny thing is I can remember my former hair stylist would always comment on how fast my hair dried as she roller set it. I assumed that's just how my hair was. sooooooooooooo happy I now know better (don't think my old stylist knows though :nono::nono::nono:).

Strands of my hair would snag together, extremely raised cuticles catching on each other.

And no matter how much I moisturized my hair still felt dry and rough.

I'm IN LOVE with PC now. I used it weekly after I deep condition and rinse.

out of curiousity, i just googled for porosity control website and discovered it's a 3 step system. Step 1 is the PC conditioner which I what I use. Step 2 is actually the shampoo, and step 3 is the Porosity Control Extreme Pack, which I've never seen in stores.

What anyone seen this Porosity Control Extreme Pack before?

Here's the website: http://www.rouxblue.com/porosity_ext.asp

Thank God I've never had an issue with porosity. I use it after my dc to close and seal the cuticles. I baiscally rinse the dc, the apply pc for a min and then rinse. I love this stiff, it
makes my tangles melt away and I am able to easily comb my hair in the shower when I deep in my stretch.

I cosign with you Kellum except I have to say that I don't have porosity issues anymore since using my beloved PC conditioner. My hair is so much easier to detangle now since I have made it a frequent part of my hair regimen.

My hair holds moisture a lot better now too.

How long did it take for you to feel moist, staying wet longer, and not frizz up anymore once you started the RPCC? TIA

Oh no....my hair dries really fast. What are your procedures? Do you ladies just use the conditioner/corrector, or do you do the whole 3 step system?

Oh no....my hair dries really fast. What are your procedures? Do you ladies just use the conditioner/corrector, or do you do the whole 3 step system?

I don't use the poo. I only use the conditioner as my final rinse followed by a cold water rinse as my last and final rinse:yep:, and I still get awesome moisturizing results.

Glad I could help by starting the thread. I am happy to read that I don't have PC issues. But it's good info nonetheless.

Thanks, ladies!!!

:perplexed
As other ladies have said, my hair would be soaking wet yet feel dry. Dry very fast after I showered, very annoying when roller setting. Funny thing is I can remember my former hair stylist would always comment on how fast my hair dried as she roller set it. I assumed that's just how my hair was. sooooooooooooo happy I now know better (don't think my old stylist knows though :nono::nono::nono:).

Strands of my hair would snag together, extremely raised cuticles catching on each other.

And no matter how much I moisturized my hair still felt dry and rough.

I'm IN LOVE with PC now. I used it weekly after I deep condition and rinse.
Thank you....because my hair dries fast as I'm rollersetting and I would still have snags after I would trim...When I was using the PC I would mix it with my conditioner but didn't know why I was using it just that the ladies on here were using it and they hair look really healthy. Now I see you have to use it after your conditioner...Thx for this thread very informative.

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I've been using the porosity control for my cowashes after rinsing out my conditioner, and I've noticed that my hair has been taking longer and longer to dry. I cowashed over 2 hours ago and my hair is still damp! When I used PC last week I noticed instant results. Thank you so much for this thread.

REVIVING THIS THREAD!!!!

So where do i get this ROUX PC from... order online or from BSS? im going to give this a try, may be the last thing i need.

REVIVING THIS THREAD!!!!

So where do i get this ROUX PC from... order online or from BSS? im going to give this a try, may be the last thing i need.

Sally or any BSS. It should be about $9-$12 bucks a bottle. Maybe less.

I've also large bottle from BeautyofNewYork.com:yep:

now this is weird after i used pc my hair dried faster then it did before i used it. What is that about?

I knew I needed porosity control when my hair would dry fast, dry, crunchy, frizzy with a reddish tone. It was very bad for me when I had a no lye. The calcium buildup from the relaxer made it worse. Once I switched to lye, got a regimen together that consisted of a moisture and protein balance along with ending each shampoo session with Roux porosity control, my hair became so much better.

My hair was overprocessed and looked great when the conditioner was in. Once I rinsed it out, it pretty much went downhill from there. And it seemed no conditioner helped the situation. My hair would dry hard and look puffy....not a good puffy either. I had to realize, a hot tool couldn't change the damage that was done. I thought I could flat iron my damage away...WRONG! I had to find the right products to get back on track. With patience and several dollars later, I think I got it together :)

I knew I needed porosity control when my hair would dry fast, dry, crunchy, frizzy with a reddish tone. It was very bad for me when I had a no lye. The calcium buildup from the relaxer made it worse. Once I switched to lye, got a regimen together that consisted of a moisture and protein balance along with ending each shampoo session with Roux porosity control, my hair became so much better.

My hair was overprocessed and looked great when the conditioner was in. Once I rinsed it out, it pretty much went downhill from there. And it seemed no conditioner helped the situation. My hair would dry hard and look puffy....not a good puffy either. I had to realize, a hot tool couldn't change the damage that was done. I thought I could flat iron my damage away...WRONG! I had to find the right products to get back on track. With patience and several dollars later, I think I got it together :)

The bolded is me to a T. Especially the red. I use PC every wash now.

Back