How did your hair behave to let you know it NEEDED POROSITY CONTROL?

Oh no....my hair dries really fast. What are your procedures? Do you ladies just use the conditioner/corrector, or do you do the whole 3 step system?

I was just going to say this...out of all the issues, I would say that this is a red flag...Perhaps I need to look into this!

I'm pretty sure I have a porosity issue. I am going to pull out my PC and start using it weekly. How long did it take for everyone to start seeing results?

Is it better to PC before DC, mixed in the DC, or after DC? I've tried all 3 ways but neither seems to work better than the other.

Yall are so lucky to be able to use PC. I tried it and loved it HOWEVER my scalp was hollering in no time flat, the pain woke me out of my sleep. It felt like :burning: I had to rewash my hair AND I returned that crap the very next day.

Last edited:
Ladies I just woke up and I still have my regular deep condition in, I used the PC yesterday after a clarifying... End result... No breakage I can finger comb my hair still wet and with conditioner in it with no breakage!!!!! I have never in my life been able to do that I always thought my hair was just prone to breakage wet... I'm so happy im on this site!!! PC roxxs!!!

Yall are so lucky to be able to use PC. I tried it and loved it HOWEVER my scalp was hollering in no time flat, the pain woke me out of my sleep. It felt like :burning: I had to rewash my hair AND I returned that crap the very next day.

How long did you leave it in... I don't think PC is a deep conditioner

Is it better to PC before DC, mixed in the DC, or after DC? I've tried all 3 ways but neither seems to work better than the other.

I use it after I rinse out my DC. I leave the PC on for the recommended 30 seconds and rinse with cold water. I follow with my leave in reconstructor and my hair feels amazingly soft and moisturized, yet strong afterwards.

Sorry MJ, have you tried mixing it in with your DC. I read on Hairlista that it can be used in that way as well. Hairlicious Inc.: Roux Porosity Control Conditioner 101

I use it after I rinse out my DC. I leave the PC on for the recommended 30 seconds and rinse with cold water. I follow with my leave in reconstructor and my hair feels amazingly soft and moisturized, yet strong afterwards.
Thanks Chas, what is a leave-in reconstructor? What product do you use?

so i my hair supposed to take longer to dry after using pc? im so confused about the porosity of hair.

i like PC and I use it every other week, I use it before I deep condition or before I apply my color rinse to my hair. For some reason it made my hair hard if I used it as a final rinse so I use it before or combined with my DC.

i like PC and I use it every other week, I use it before I deep condition or before I apply my color rinse to my hair. For some reason it made my hair hard if I used it as a final rinse so I use it before or combined with my DC.
ITA, I'm best served using it before or within my DC. As a final rinse, I get no slip and my hair is hard. I thought I was doing something wrong since I was a newbie. Now that I've been on this journey for almost a year, I thought, hmm, let me try this as a final rinse again to ensure this theory of getting hard hair holds true. Well, it does, I got the same the results as previous -- hard hair. So I'm done with using it as a final rinse.

Here are the ingredients of porosity control:
water, propylene glycol, dicetyldimonium chloride, oleyl betaine, lecithin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, lactic acid, titanium doixide, mica, methylparaben,propylparaben, violet 2, green 5

Mica - A transparent mineral. Structured in thin sheets that glide across each other. Used to provide slip, light reflection, and used to add sparkle

The underlined stands out to me, I am sure this is the ingredient that I am allergic to.

All the other ingredients I have used before in other products. It felt like my scalp was being sliced.:nono:

I will stick with my equal amounts of distilled water and avj mixture, which measures at the same ph 4.5 as porosity control

Last edited:
glad I came across this thread, my hair is having serious porosity issues, luckily I have some PC so I will do a condish wash and see if this works..is it overkill to do an ACV rinse and PC all in the same wash? If not what would be the order wash, PC, deep condish, ACV? (I am going to try PC before condish just in case it makes my hair hard like some of the posters)..?

i'm sooo glad i came across this thread. i was just commenting on why does my hair dry soo fast after i wash it. literally, 5 minutes after washing it, it's dry. someone in another thread recommended i look into porosity also. can this issue be permanent? i'm going to do a acv rinse (hairveda) and see if that helps. if not, i'll try the roux porosity control next week.

I use it every week as my final rinse. My hair holds moisture (inc my leave ins) much better after using PC.

Same thing happens to my hair! I use it after I deep condition and my hair comes out hard. I'm going to try it before I deep condition.

Porosity control evens out your porosity of your hair. If your hair isn't porous it will tend to not take the product in as quickly and will dry slowly. If it is too porous it will be greedy and will dry quickly. So the PC will even the balance be it too much or too little porosity. :)

I know this isn't what the bottle says but I add it to my DC, and it works fine. :)

As other ladies have said, my hair would be soaking wet yet feel dry. Dry very fast after I showered, very annoying when roller setting. Funny thing is I can remember my former hair stylist would always comment on how fast my hair dried as she roller set it. I assumed that's just how my hair was. sooooooooooooo happy I now know better (don't think my old stylist knows though :nono::nono::nono:).

Strands of my hair would snag together, extremely raised cuticles catching on each other.

And no matter how much I moisturized my hair still felt dry and rough.

I'm IN LOVE with PC now. I used it weekly after I deep condition and rinse.

^^ This was me several years ago. My stylist would be like, "wow, your hair drys so fast..." LOL.

This is just the information I was looking for.

I know this is an old thread, but decided to bump it anyway...someone else may need this very thing!!

~S~

Back