How Can You Tell If your Hairline is Permanently Damaged?

InJesusName

I am starting to think mine is. It has been practically bald for at least 10 years now, and nothing I seem to do gets it to grow back. As a result, my ponytails and up dos look "flicted":lachen:.

I keep praying that I am just being impatient and all of the magic potions I am using on my edges will eventually work.

Where are the ladies that have gone from REALLY damaged edges to a nice hairline? How did you do it? How long did it take?

Currently using: Lenzi's Request and BT; carrot oil every day...still bald!

I recently had an issue with my edges too - due to the lf wig I wear. I started using essential Rosemary and Peppermint Oils and the hair's back now. 2 weeks and I only did it on the 2 days that I wash my hair so I wasn't massaging the area for more than 3-5 min twice weekly and it's grown back. HTHs

Maybe if the edges are smooth with no sign of folicles then you have a problem. But even then it is not too late because you can get professional treatment
good luck

Check out the website folligen.com They have products for the hair that use copper peptides to help regrow hair.

I have to tell you, my daughter's edges were completely gone. I mean totally bald. It had been that way for most of her life. Family members encouraged me to seek medical help for her. I heard all kinds of bad news, about how her hair folicles were dead. Well I decided to do a search on the internet and see what I could find.

Lo and behold, I stumbled across LHCF and alot of women were talking about castor oil to grow their hair. So I began to rub castor oil on the sides of her head. It would run down her face something terrible.:perplexed

Needless to say she hated it. After 4 weeks, I was ready to throw in the towel, when I began to see a little fuzz around her hair line.
I was so excited!:grin: (Her hair had been that way for years and was progressively move back toward her ears. It was horrible.)

Anyway, I continued to apply the castor oil day and night. 5 months have passed since I first began to use the castor oil on her hair. Now her edges are fully grown in and very thick and healthy. About 2 inches long and growing. It's beautiful.:yep:

You should give it a try. I'm sure if it can work for my daughter, then the odds are in your favor.:yawn:

I have to tell you, my daughter's edges were completely gone. I mean totally bald. It had been that way for most of her life. Family members encouraged me to seek medical help for her. I heard all kinds of bad news, about how her hair folicles were dead. Well I decided to do a search on the internet and see what I could find.

Lo and behold, I stumbled across LHCF and alot of women were talking about castor oil to grow their hair. So I began to rub castor oil on the sides of her head. It would run down her face something terrible.:perplexed

Needless to say she hated it. After 4 weeks, I was ready to throw in the towel, when I began to see a little fuzz around her hair line.
I was so excited!:grin: (Her hair had been that way for years and was progressively move back toward her ears. It was horrible.)

Anyway, I continued to apply the castor oil day and night. 5 months have passed since I first began to use the castor oil on her hair. Now her edges are fully grown in and very thick and healthy. About 2 inches long and growing. It's beautiful.:yep:

You should give it a try. I'm sure if it can work for my daughter, then the odds are in your favor.:yawn:

WOW can you post then and now pics for us? Castor oil is really thick, did you cut it with like jojoba or any other carrier oil? Or did you just put small amounts for castor oil in the area and massage? also was the hair wet, damp or dry when the application was goin on?

Honey, where there's a will, there's a way. Prayer and faith will get you through this. Just don't give up. Keep the 3 Ps in mind: Prayer, Patience, Persistence. Trust me, it works:yep::yep:

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I have yet to add castor oil to my bag of goodies! I am formulating a "hair plan" for 2008 and castor oil will have to be part of my list of products. I want at least 6 inches next year, so those 3P's are definitely going to have to kick in!

I didn't mix it with anything. I just rub it on her scalp. Now I apply it to her conditioners and also on her dry her at night. I will post some pictures soon too.

Back