How Can I Get My Hair Like This? (pics inside)

I think a bantu knot out would give you those results:yep:

Especially if you add a product with hold for definition.

ETA: lemme show you my results with bantu knot outs:

This was done on wet hair and air-dried so it gave me really defined curls...I intentionally separated it into small pieces to make a fro....but you can separate it in larger pieces for big curls to make it fall like Alicia's:yep:

2843_533353902503_16203491_31575099_7990531_n.jpg

2843_533369770703_16203491_31575721_5220408_n.jpg

5814_114319412646_108298252646_2391366_6912883_n.jpg

Since you're WL and relaxed(?) If you did the same size knots and added a product for hold you'd get these results...just be sure to do them tight and neat. :)
Wow. That looks gorgeous. Ok i have to try this soon. I have to get my moisture level on point first then I'll tackle this.

@ BMP: quick question, did you brush each section while detangling? Or did you flatiron your root when finished?
All I did was comb each section and bantu knot each section tightly...I let it air-dry and I rocked it like that:yep: no brushing and no flat ironing....when you bantu knot it tightly even if you have really kinky hair like me....it'll have your roots laying down flat.

All I did was comb each section and bantu knot each section tightly...I let it air-dry and I rocked it like that:yep: no brushing and no flat ironing....when you bantu knot it tightly even if you have really kinky hair like me....it'll have your roots laying down flat.

Did you add anything besides the moisturizer?

I was going to guess bantu knot-out and then probably ramble on about the state of the economy, how mad I am that ID repeats the same show all the damn time...and who knows what else. But BMP's knot-out made me forget all I was gonna say. :thud: That is abtholupely (as my friend's toddler says) GAWGEOUS! :notworthy

Did you add anything besides the moisturizer?
Nope. All you need is a moisturizer and throw a little gel in there if you want (definitely do that if you're relaxed) and call it a day.

I was going to guess bantu knot-out and then probably ramble on about the state of the economy, how mad I am that ID repeats the same show all the damn time...and who knows what else. But BMP's knot-out made me forget all I was gonna say. :thud: That is abtholupely (as my friend's toddler says) GAWGEOUS! :notworthy
:lol: loved the part about the economy:rofl: thanksomuch sweety:hug3:

I think a bantu knot out would give you those results:yep:

Especially if you add a product with hold for definition.

ETA: lemme show you my results with bantu knot outs:

This was done on wet hair and air-dried so it gave me really defined curls...I intentionally separated it into small pieces to make a fro....but you can separate it in larger pieces for big curls to make it fall like Alicia's:yep:

5814_114319412646_108298252646_2391366_6912883_n.jpg

Since you're WL and relaxed(?) If you did the same size knots and added a product for hold you'd get these results...just be sure to do them tight and neat. :)

Good Lord your results are pretty! I am inspired to re-visit BKO...wish me luck, I've never had a good one.

OP: You have beautiful hair! I'm sure you can achieve that style with a BKO, like others are saying.

BMP: How long did you let the knots air dry before taking them out? I'd imagine it takes a while to dry completely.

Ummm never heard the term lurker lol :lachen:

But BMP your hair is amazing, I hope one day to have hair like that!!!

But IA with you and the style could be achieved with Bantu knots, I've seen this one a friend of mine. She twisted hers, wet, before knoting. It looked amazing (envy wow lol) I'm coming to you BMP later when I think I can actually do a bantu knot!!

I would say a twist-out or a twist n' curl. Possibly a flexi set but I haven't tried that.

I got a kinda similar look with a rollerset that the humidity ruined and I turned it into a twist n' curl.

4644993041_acc301fafe.jpg

4644993047_6dd97a80da.jpg

Also I would think that a pre-stretched twist n' curl done on dry hair would come out the same w/o having to do the rollerset first.

You can get this look with a double barrel curling iron. They are hard to find. Sallys used to sell them. They don't have a clamp so you have to use some type of glove w/ it so your fingers don't get burned.

Back