Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
So I bought a bottle yesterday from vitamin shoppe. well I took one tb today which equals 1000 mg. Lets see what happens. Does the vitamin shoppe brand suck compared to the other brands?

Nope, I actually detoxed all over again when I used them briefly. I use them when I run out, some have found them to be super potent.

My poop was slightly green today and Ive been taking 1g of chlorella for the past 2 days. Is this too early for the green? Im taking the vitamin shoppe brand super chlorella.

Vitamin Shoppe is having a sale on their name brand products. So I got two bottles of their Super Chlorella. That's all they had left I am going to go to another to see if they have more. I like to stock up on sales.

I've been using VERY GREEN from Trader Joes which is a mixture of spirinula and cholera among other things. And I have noticed weight loss, regularity, improved mood and faster hair growth.

Does anyone take only chlorella and have benefits from it? Spirulina seems to be more expensive than chlorella if you stick the the 2:1 or (1.5:2 which I am doing) ratio. I am wanting to go up in chlorella my body is used to the amount I take now (which is only 4 grams a day). I currently take 4 grams of Chlorella and 6 grams of Spirulina. I am hoping to go up to 5 grams of Chlorella and 7 grams of Spirulina at the beginning of next month. I don't know I am just seeing what other people do.

I've been taking both Chlorella and Spirulina since March 19. I take 6 grams of both (vitamin shoppe brand). My hair is in braids, but it seems like it's growing faster than usual. I say that because I braided my hair in small box braids w/extensions 3 weeks ago. I have so much new growth that it looks like I've had these braids for two months. I also notice that my nails grow faster and are much stronger, I am regular for the first time in my life and my acne prone skin is breaking out less. I would also say I have more energy cause I don't take a nap during the day anymore.

I started back with the chlorella (3g). I couldn't take the powder with just water and other juice had too much sugar, but I found diet cranberry juice (2g of sugar) so I'm good.

It doesn't work w/ the spirulina (ick) so I'll have to see what else I can find.

I'll stay at 3g for the week and hopefully increase to 6 next weekend

I would start with one for a week or two to get your body adjusted to it. If you want to detox faster later, take larger amounts. This stuff is potent!

Nymphe, I have been taking the Dr. Mercola for a month and I knew ho much to take of that brand but this one is new for me. Ihave been taking 8 pills for the last two days but I think it is tearing up my stomach. I have to stay VERY close to a toilet!! I don't know for sure if it is the chlorella or the cabbage:ohwell:

Nymphe, I have been taking the Dr. Mercola for a month and I knew ho much to take of that brand but this one is new for me. Ihave been taking 8 pills for the last two days but I think it is tearing up my stomach. I have to stay VERY close to a toilet!! I don't know for sure if it is the chlorella or the cabbage:ohwell:
Ugh, I had that happen trying my children's tablets because I had ran out of my powder. I wonder why that is?

So, this is week 3 for me, and I'm finally greenish lol. It's never taken me this long in the past, but thats ok.

So, my ratio is 6g Spirulina and 3g chlorella.

So far, Ive just noticed my skin is more bright, pink tongue, oh and super strong nails. They never really grow to long..but they are coming along right now.

Hey Ladies,
So I have been taking chlorella for several weeks and I have came to the conclusion that I am allergic :sad:. I looked up symptoms of allergies yesterday, for those who take chlorella and I definitely experienced 3 symptoms. I would have little tiny bumps all over my face, I initially thought that this was part of the detox phase but this has been going on for several weeks! The little bumps look more like hives that and I have very sensitive skin. I stopped taking chlorella for a few days and the hives went away. Another allergic reaction I had when I first started mostly, would be difficulty breathing. I would get these really nasty coughs and then after it was all over, I would try to breathe and had to inhale about 4-5 times before I could actually get air. I've never experienced anything like that before. (Scary I know, I'm just now realizing that it was chlorella causing this). The last symptom I had was my body feeling really itchy all over. Again when I stopped taking them I noticed that this no longer occurred. I really liked chlorella because of the nutritional value and it really cleansed my system. However, I guess it's not for everyone. I still take spirulina, I don't think I have any of allergic reaction to this, but I am watching closely.

If any of you ladies have any recommendations of supplements that have similar benefits and nutritional value as chlorella please let me know. Thanks!

Hey Ladies,
So I have been taking chlorella for several weeks and I have came to the conclusion that I am allergic :sad:. I looked up symptoms of allergies yesterday, for those who take chlorella and I definitely experienced 3 symptoms. I would have little tiny bumps all over my face, I initially thought that this was part of the detox phase but this has been going on for several weeks! The little bumps look more like hives that and I have very sensitive skin. I stopped taking chlorella for a few days and the hives went away. Another allergic reaction I had when I first started mostly, would be difficulty breathing. I would get these really nasty coughs and then after it was all over, I would try to breathe and had to inhale about 4-5 times before I could actually get air. I've never experienced anything like that before. (Scary I know, I'm just now realizing that it was chlorella causing this). The last symptom I had was my body feeling really itchy all over. Again when I stopped taking them I noticed that this no longer occurred. I really liked chlorella because of the nutritional value and it really cleansed my system. However, I guess it's not for everyone. I still take spirulina, I don't think I have any of allergic reaction to this, but I am watching closely.

If any of you ladies have any recommendations of supplements that have similar benefits and nutritional value as chlorella please let me know. Thanks!

If you can handle the Spirulina, you will be fine, it does the same as Chlorella and a little more. Glad you were able to determine the cause of your symptoms.

I just came to report my eyelashes are getter longer everyday. I take vitamin shoppe super chlorella. My poop was semi green on 1 mg and now I'm up to 3 mg. This is my 2nd week.

I'm on the Ch and SP bandwagon, just started today. Whoo hoo
How much are you taking so far? How are you feeling?

For me, I'm a little past week 4 now. Still at my 6g/3g while on my MC. Hunger is to a minimum, tons of energy, good sound sleep (I never take this at night).

My skin is still looking good, has a glow to it. My nails are growing ridiculously. So much so, I scratched myself the other night..and cussed my nails out :lachen:

How much are you taking so far? How are you feeling?

For me, I'm a little past week 4 now. Still at my 6g/3g while on my MC. Hunger is to a minimum, tons of energy, good sound sleep (I never take this at night).

My skin is still looking good, has a glow to it. My nails are growing ridiculously. So much so, I scratched myself the other night..and cussed my nails out :lachen:

Well I just started yesterday but like 30 mins after I took my first two pills I got this really bad headache. They I had some terrible terrible gas. Then I got sleepy. I slept very good last night to the point I was talking in my sleep my husband said. Today I have a lot of energy but I had to take a nap whew I was sleepy. But now I'm up and I'm feeling good. Still gassy right now i'm at 3g trying to work my way up

Ive noticed that my urine is slightly green:look: It this ok? Right now Im taking VS super chlorella 1000 mg per tab. My poo has been green since taking 2 tabs a day. Im up to 4......hoping to get to my goal of 7

Ive noticed that my urine is slightly green:look: It this ok? Right now Im taking VS super chlorella 1000 mg per tab. My poo has been green since taking 2 tabs a day. Im up to 4......hoping to get to my goal of 7

I read that is a good sign. I hope to go green soon

What are the side effects of chorella?

Now, we know that intake of chorella may bring us a few important health benefits. Recently, I received
an email from a visitor about the side effect of chlorella. Intake of chorella increased his uric acid!

I also found a study reporting the rise of uric acid in the blood stream after intake of chorella in an
animal study. The researchers prepared larg scales dried Chlorella vulgaris and they fed rats with this
chlorella. They found a significant high content of uric acid in the plasma of the rats!! [8] High content of
uric acid is known to be linked to gout. Gout is a rheumatic disease resulting from deposition of uric acid
crystals (monosodium urate) in tissues and fluids within the body. This process is caused by an
overproduction or under excretion of uric acid. Other side effects include nausea and stomach upset.

Back