How a mishap turned out to be the answer to all my problems

achangedlife

Let me first say that I am 14 wks post touch up and I've been catching it these last few weeks, trying to find the balance between moisture, strength and not to mention trying not to feel unattractive with a mini afro under straight hair. I've been wearing my hair out in rollersets and just finger combing my curls in between washes, sometimes it comes out okay, other times it's like :nono:

Tonight I set out to do my usual wash and set. I deep conditioned my dry hair under a hood drier for about 12 minutes, shampooed, oil rinsed, conditioned again for 3 minutes, applied leave in, then started to apply my Nairobi wrapping foam so I can set my hair. Only what I reached for was my foaming acne cleanser :blush:. Didn't realize it till I had put it on half my hair (same exact packaging except for the labels which I obviously didn't read). Immediately I rewashed my hair with one quick lather. Then I reached for the right foam. After I applied it I realized I didn't re-condition, nor did I apply a leave in. Obviously I'm having an off night :lachen:
However I noticed my hair combed out alot easier then when I use conditioner and a leave in. I sped through my rollerset and my hair felt smooth as I put in my rollers. At this point rollersetting had become a pain in the :wallbash: due to the knots and tangles but tonight it was a piece of cake. I dried under my hood drier then proceeded to remove my rollers. My hair was light and silky. I usually have hairs that stay on the rollers as I take them out, this time I saw maybe a total of three hairs. My newgrowth did seem to need a little extra moisture though so I lightly grease my scalp with keracare's hairdressing creme, messaged it in and fingercomb my curls. Shoot, I darn near look like I came from the salon, my hair's so soft, curls are light and smooth, no frizz. I'm trying to stretch 5-6 months and it looks likes I'm gonna make it :yep: The salon that introduced me to this wrapping foam never use it with a leave in and everyone's hair comes out light and bouncy.

soo... did the acne foam make your hair smoov?
ha! I'm just teasin!!

I still haven't found a way to make the no leave in, naked hair work for me yet. Glad you found what worked for you. where's thie pics man??

I haven't quite gotten into the posting pics thing yet. I would've said maybe it was my acne cleanser but both sides came out just as smooth, and I only applied to cleanser to the right side :)

It seems like the acids in the face wash probably smoothed out your hair cuticles. Kinda the same way ACV rinses work. I'm glad everything turned out well for you.

Back