Houston Ladies Who LOVE LOVE LOVE Their Beauticians....GET IN HERE!!!

PreteeBella

Ladies I really need your help on this one...my beautician who I go to broke her ankle rollerskating (and had to have surgery:whyme::dinner: and is out of commission until next month! I have been stretching since October (28 weeks next week) and I wanted to get my hair permed next Thursday (for the Glow in the Dark Tour! I kanye!) I usually use Affirm Fiberguard. I would probably consider trying Phyto but probably nothing else. Mizani is WAY to strong for me, I don't really care for the other Affirms, and I haven't tried anything else. I need a beautician who will handle my NG delicately but make sure I am not underprocessed, doesn't mind if I bring my silicon mix in the tub to DC, can rinse my hair black, and trim NOT CUT, my ends. The perm isn't as important as the technique because I can buy a fiberguard application from my beautician. Ladies PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me (this is me -> :drowning: ) LOL!

Me too and you would think it would be EASY to find someone in this big city. But that is the problem! Everyone thinks they can do hair and they can't! I am just very picky (i.e. I like my relaxer applied by hand, NOT that whack perm brush!) My hair is WAY to thick for that and the pointed end pulls my hair after long stretches. Sheesh! Where my houston ladies at?? :ohwell:

Girl...I wish I knew of one.

I love my stylist!!!! Name's Charlene. Check out her website: www.culturesalon.com

She's over by Shepherd and 59. She uses Affirm Fiberguard, is a bit pricey, but is very professional and will have your hair silky smooth & swinging!

Hopefully, she's in town b/c she also does runway shows in NY. Goodluck!

OMG girl thank you thank you thank you because I was about to attempt to find Fiberguard in the BSS and get a friend to self relax. I am desperate! Looking up the salon now! :yep:

I love my stylist!!!! Name's Charlene. Check out her website: www.culturesalon.com

She's over by Shepherd and 59. She uses Affirm Fiberguard, is a bit pricey, but is very professional and will have your hair silky smooth & swinging!

Hopefully, she's in town b/c she also does runway shows in NY. Goodluck!

WW, how long have you been going to her? Her Salon seems very nice and her price is around what I pay, and her shop is on my side of town. Girl I OWE you!

When I was going out of town to get my hair done, I went to YOU Complete Salon. I don't remember what kind of perm they used, but they could sure lay it down. They were using Coloushines Cellophanes at the time.

They were a little pricey, but my hair swang like none other and was real healthy. The only thing to watch out for is that a trim (or a shape, as they called it) can mean several inches cut off your hair! Other than that, I loved going there.

The owner is EJ and her daughter, Tira, works there, too. They both had (at the time, this was a few years ago) hair between APL and BSL.

http://www.youcomplete.net/

HTH!

When I was going out of town to get my hair done, I went to YOU Complete Salon. I don't remember what kind of perm they used, but they could sure lay it down. They were using Coloushines Cellophanes at the time.

They were a little pricey, but my hair swang like none other and was real healthy. The only thing to watch out for is that a trim (or a shape, as they called it) can mean several inches cut off your hair! Other than that, I loved going there.

The owner is EJ and her daughter, Tira, works there, too. They both had (at the time, this was a few years ago) hair between APL and BSL.

http://www.youcomplete.net/

HTH!

Tricie, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Do you remember if they used Affirm fiberguard?

WW, how long have you been going to her? Her Salon seems very nice and her price is around what I pay, and her shop is on my side of town. Girl I OWE you!

I've been going to her for 5years! My entire family goes to her. My sister used to model and Charlene was the stylist in one of her shows. After she turned my sister's hair into a swinging Egyptian goddess (she gave her a cleopatra cut), I was HOOKED. :grin:

Back