Hot scissors to prevent split ends ???

MAMATO

Look what I've found while doing a research on how to prevent split ends. Has anyone ever tried that...I am very curious, never heard about that before ... what do you think... Click on the link to read the entire article...:yep:
http://www.thermo-cut.com/gb/index.html

titel.gif

Turn Your Haircut into a Wellness Treatment

linie_710.gif

Sealed Ends. Preserving Nature.

Using the Jaguar TC ThermoCut System, the natural qualities of the hair are preserved, for every type of hair is healthy in its original state.

ThermoCut means: The blades of the hairdressing scissors are heated. The hair ends are sealed by the heat, the bodily moisture and care substances are preserved.
nix.gif
This stimulates the self-regeneration of the hair.

The images produced by using scanning microscopy show the importance of the heated cutting edge for the haircut.
nix.gif
quader.gif
Structure of the Hair

quader.gif
Expert Report

quader.gif
FAQ's

Healthy Hair

haar_gesund.jpg

When growing from the scalp, the ends of the hair are closed. The hair is elastic and shiny, it has an optimum volume and is protected from detrimental impact.
nix.gif
Damaged Hair

haar_geschaedigt.jpg

Ultraviolet radiation, pollution of the air, temperature impact, chemical treatment as well as mechanical stress cause damage to the hair.
nix.gif
Unsealed Hair

haar_normal.jpg

With conventional haircuts, the hair remains unsealed. This means that the ends are open and the multi-active continuum-mass which works like a glue dries up. If the hair is exposed to detrimental impact without any protection, it will lose its shine, volume and bounce.

Sealed Hair Thanks to the Jaguar TC ThermoCut System

haar_tcschnitt.jpg

When cutting hair with the Jaguar TC ThermoCut System, the ends of the hair are sealed. Thus, the hair is largely transformed into its original state. This means: important bodily moisture and care substances are preserved. The hair is effectively protected from environmental pressure.
nix.gif
Immediate Effect: More Beautiful Hair

The effect of Jaguar TC is already visible after the first haircut: The entire structure of the hair is improved!

You can see and feel it at once:

The hair has

quader.gif
more volume
quader.gif
more shine
quader.gif
more bounce and elasticity

The hair is easier to care for.

The self-regeneration of the hair is stimulated.
nix.gif
An Effective Sealing for Every Type of Hair

With Jaguar TC, all cutting techniques are possible. The ThermoCut System can be individually adjusted to every quality and length of hair, producing an immediate optimum result.

quader.gif
Fine hair will be given more volume
quader.gif
Split hair will become healthy and
more resistant
quader.gif
Permed hair will be given
more elasticity
quader.gif
Dull, brittle hair
will be regenerated
quader.gif
Every type of hair will be easier to style

Split Ends will Disappear

Cutting hair with Jaguar TC seals the ends of the hair. The hair is given a closed cutting surface and can no longer become fibrous. If applied regularly, split ends will disappear!
nix.gif

So can I just put my shears on a hot stove....?
lol I know, but for those who need that exact cut we would have to wear some thermal gloves to prevent burning.

Maybe you could cover the shears in a hot towel or water. But that would probably make them rust faster. umm. Maybe if you had access to a gas burner, the only one that I have in my bunsen burner in lab.

That's what I am wondering ??? Obviously, I would not want to buy them since everybody can use their own heated shears, so why waste the money. Well if the science behind that is right for their scissors, that should be OK for any kinds of shears ...What do you think...

I skimmed through this. Maybe my thinking is off but, does this mean that traditional trimming can do damage because its leaving the tip of the hair strand exposed?

Somewhere in the article it says permed, relaxed and color treated hair can use this method but they don't need as much heat as natural do. So I am thinking just by putting the shears 2-3 sec in boiled water, it should be fine. Anyways, that is my cheap version of their science, and it wont hurt to try it. The problem is since I normally airdry I don't really have splitends, but I am planning to use heat more often in the future, thus my research. So there is no way I will be 100% sure the techniques work unless I wait till I have split ends and then try it... Well, I better not, just to stay on the safe side, I will try it before I get into trouble...:)

Hmmmm, interesting. I have heard that if you clip your ends the wrong way it can stunt growth. I heard this from a beautician. I don't know what's the wrong way but heated shears and their science makes sense. I just wonder if it's a money making scheme??? I think I'll just try and heat my own and see what happens.

I skimmed through this. Maybe my thinking is off but, does this mean that traditional trimming can do damage because its leaving the tip of the hair strand exposed?

I was thinking the same thing as well... I trim my hair something like once or twice a year to even my hair and barely have split ends. Whenever I find some, I'd just let it be, so I never bought into the theories about split ends damaging for the hair. Most of the people who always complain about split ends are quite scissor happy in my opinion. It is a bad circle I think, once you get in, it is hard to get out of it. That is just my opinion and it works for me... but I am probably WRONG:lachen:

I am also finding their "story" a bit like fantasy. I am not sure how heat can seal ends. I know heat seals synthetic hair. But whenever heat's been used on human hair, grown or bought, it just burns the hair away...and might leave a charred end that's rough and that is really to crumble between fingers and remove. So I dunno....

I need more convincing.

What I do know is that a good pair of very sharp scissors is a good tool to cut hair as they leave a clean cut that is less likely to be rugged and thus less susceptible to fraying. The jury is out on this heat thing.... Makes no sense to me.

I am also finding their "story" a bit like fantasy. I am not sure how heat can seal ends. I know heat seals synthetic hair. But whenever heat's been used on human hair, grown or bought, it just burns the hair away...and might leave a charred end that's rough and that is really to crumble between fingers and remove. So I dunno....

I need more convincing.

:blush:
I guess I'd better go with my teaching of...
HEAT IS THE DEVIL
winking_45.gif
!

How would heat seal the end? By melting it? Sounds like heat damage to me.

Good question Neith, but unfortunately I don't have the answer... the entire article is like 3 or 4 pages, so pls take the time to go through it and you'll probably find out...I am just feeling too lazy now to read the entire article:spinning:, I read the first page and thought my LHCF sistas were probably aware of the system like they usually do, and just wanted to have so feedback... I don't know much myself... for the moment:look:

I remember how in my search for the sharpest scissors, I found out about my former stylist Frank Bisson's invention: FB1 Glass Hair Cutter. Frank told me that it would be hard to use the tool on oneself, so I never did buy it. But I think I would try Frank's creation first before this heat thing.

Frank Bisson's FB1 Glass Hair Cutter

What I do know is that a good pair of very sharp scissors is a good tool to cut hair as they leave a clean cut that is less likely to be rugged and thus less susceptible to fraying. The jury is out on this heat thing.... Makes no sense to me.

Hi Nonie, how are you doing Sweetie... long time, no see:grin:

Okay let's cut to the chase.

What is the price of these puppies?
I hope they get some folks of color to give their feedback or endorsements.

I remember how in my search for the sharpest scissors, I found out about my former stylist Frank Bisson's invention: FB1 Glass Hair Cutter. Frank told me that it would be hard to use the tool on oneself, so I never did buy it. But I think I would try Frank's creation first before this heat thing.

Frank Bisson's FB1 Glass Hair Cutter

Scary shears :blush: Have you ever seen them in action:lachen:BTW, what do you think about frequent trimmings and split ends. I tend to beleive they do more bad than good to the ends... That is what my own experiences proved me:yep:

:perplexed

Interesting. It makes no sense to me, but interesting. I don't see how the heat would increase the sharpness of the blade, but it reminds me of laser cuts - they leave the skin 'sealed' because they cauterize as they cut.

Okay let's cut to the chase.

What is the price of these puppies?
I hope they get some folks of color to give their feedback or endorsements.

No idea, but why would you buy them when you can use your own shears in boiled water. Make sure it is good quality stainless steel though, you don't want to throw them in the trash after a use or two:yep:

No idea, but why would you buy them when you can use your own shears in boiled water. Make sure it is good quality stainless steel though, you don't want to throw them in the trash after a use or two:yep:

Besides the fact that the temperature isn't being maintained, water boils @ 212, which is well below the minimum temp of the shears, so I don't think that'll work.

Depending on the type of hair, between 110°C / 230°F (fine hair) up to a maximum of 170°C / 338°F (thick hair and additional split-ends therapy). The temperature is individually adjusted to the structure of the customer's hair by the hairdresser.

Scary shears :blush: Have you ever seen them in action:lachen:BTW, what do you think about frequent trimmings and split ends. I tend to beleive they do more bad than good to the ends... That is what my own experiences proved me:yep:

I find regular trimmings very "healthy" for my hair. Tried to go w/o them and ended up having to chop off 2 inches to get my hair to look thick throughout its length. So 6-8 weeks seems to work best for me. The secret is to keep replacing them if they get blunt, and not to use them for anything else but your hair.

No too bad, my maternity leave is over, back to work in january after a year of farniente ....:yep:

Well, to get back to your youtube, I don't want Pietro (the hairdresser) near my head anytime soon...the guy is scary with his technique:lachen:

WOW! SCARRRRRY!

Hell no...........

Besides the fact that the temperature isn't being maintained, water boils @ 212, which is well below the minimum temp of the shears, so I don't think that'll work.

JK, if you knew me you would not consider the combination of me , fire and shears in the same room:lachen:Girl, do you want me to get into troubles:spinning: Boiled water at 100C is the best I can do for the sake of my family:lachen:

FHI also makes a HEATED cutter - and they claim reduced splits.
It is 225.00 - UM - NO....Won't be buying that.

www.fhiheat.com

Geez, those people just want to take money out of our pockets, it is a NO NO for me :nono: I am too cheap :grin: But that's good to know the science is there, who knows more investigation may be needed although the technique seems weird at first.:rolleyes:

Back