Hot scissors to prevent split ends ???

I find regular trimmings very "healthy" for my hair. Tried to go w/o them and ended up having to chop off 2 inches to get my hair to look thick throughout its length. So 6-8 weeks seems to work best for me. The secret is to keep replacing them if they get blunt, and not to use them for anything else but your hair.

See, everybody's hair is different, it is good to learn what works for you and stick to it... take care :grin:

Robin has talked about the "Treating/ sealing ends" forever.
I need to get back to this...
http://growafrohairlong.com/endsofhair.html

I always intend to try this...Do you spritz your hair with water or somethign first? How often did you use to do it? Sounds really good, I want to try it with a moisturizer instead of water.

Do you mean a Marcel iron??? Good question:rolleyes:...Dunno:nono: If you happen to try it, just let us how it worked for you. :yep:

Oh I was thinking about a flat iron or curling iron. Alright. I was going to trim and iron before Christmas so I sure will...(If I notice anything different :ohwell:)

I actually did this for a couple of years.... Very good :yep:I need to get back to it.

And your split ends were under control. Very interesting. Did you do that over a long period of time. See, some people use irons on their hair on a regular basis and still have nice hair, it is all about knowing what you are doing and doing it right.

And your split ends were under control. Very interesting. Did you do that over a long period of time. See, some people use irons on their hair on a regular basis and still have nice hair, it is all about knowing what you are doing and doing it right.

They were far fewer!!!

OK.... So I used to

1. use a Heavy vitamin e cream, ( this was like 2003, 2004) on the last couple of inches of hair.
2. fold foil pieces on the end of each twist.. ( I have been washing in twists for 6 years)
3. Use the Flat iron on each twist - a LOOOW setting... I will hear a little fry sound :) Clamp it - like ISH treatment
4. allow the foil to cool....
5. Remove.

Great ENDS!

I can't beleive I forgot about this.
Goin' Back in 09!:lick:

Sounds great, but do you recommend a cheap flat iron for that, I don't want to damage my SEDU... Have you ever had scratches on your plates...??? I Love your method, I am going to try it whenever I use heat on my hair:grin: Thanks Samatha:yep:

I remember how in my search for the sharpest scissors, I found out about my former stylist Frank Bisson's invention: FB1 Glass Hair Cutter. Frank told me that it would be hard to use the tool on oneself, so I never did buy it. But I think I would try Frank's creation first before this heat thing.

Frank Bisson's FB1 Glass Hair Cutter

Nonie thank you thank you thank you!! I saw this 3 years ago on another site and lost the info. I've been searching high and low to find to on avail and then I come here and find it! Thanks so much sweetie! YOu've made me one very happy PJ today!:grin:

Sounds great, but do you recommend a cheap flat iron for that, I don't want to damage my SEDU... Have you ever had scratches on your plates...??? I Love your method, I am going to try it whenever I use heat on my hair:grin: Thanks Samatha:yep:

Girl - this was before the Fancy irons :grin: - this was with a 50 buck iron.

And no - no scratches.... No sliding is involved.
You can get yourself a Cheepo - if you want....

Back