Hot oil treatments??

Do you do hot oil treatments?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

vonte422

I washed my hair tonight and I did an oil rinse with organics olive oil and I noticed the bottle had hot oil treatment directions. so I came online and tried to find the benefits of it, with little to no luck. I decided to try it friday when I go to the Dominicans. But instead of just oil, Im going to mix my organics olive oil, with coconut oil, honey, a lil motions cpr or some miss keys (do you think thats too much?). but just wondering if anyone does HOTS and has it helped you?

I do weekly (4-5 days) hot oil treatments instead of deep conditioning (while in the desert) It helps my hair alot especially compared to the way some of the other black womens hair look, hell everyone elses too...the water here is terrible!! (we can't even brush our teeths with it) And its super dry here...so my hair is constantly needing to be revitalized.

thanks.. I always wondered what they did too I would always see prices for them in African American salons and I never tried it, my mom said it was pointless

Well I just did one now haha and my hair was extremely dry ! I didnt even wanna look at it anymore lol so I just hopped in the shower did the hot oil thing and voiilaa my hair is back to life. I usually do it every other week while alternating with my deep cond.

My cousin, who is a hair stylist with her own shop in Phila, told me its so important to do a hot oil treatment every week. She has long hair, BSL, and so does all of her clients.

Here is why I think hot oil treatments benefit the hair:

http://www.essortment.com/lifestyle/hotoilhairtre_shmv.htm

OK. Interesting. I was also reading some hair care article where they advocated rotating moisturizing and protein conditioners with hot oil treatments. I just wasn't sure what the hot oil treatment was doing. So it conditions the hair? Hmmmm..... I might try it to see what results I get.

http://arlenescreationshs.com/

If you actually decide to go, tell her Ayannah sent you. :grin:

On this site, she is the one with the blue shirt in the middle and the tan shirt at the end on the home page. She is a master with sewn-in weaves. She weaves her hair most of the time and thats one of her method for keeping her hair long and healthy.

Ohhh I think her shop is by my school. well because its on Broad st I should know how to get there. Im going to schedule an appointment when i get back

when i started getting into hair about 3-4 years ago, i was always told that hot oil treatments were a nonsense and another black haircare myth.

I do mine a little differently. On dry hair I oil my scalp heavily and then apply the castor oil liberally to the ends of my hair. I cover with plastic wrap then sit under the dryer for 15 minutes. Shampoo and deep condition and my hair feels like butta! You can definitely tell the difference. It's become a part of my regimen especially since my hair is so dry in the winter. It has drastically cut down on my shedding

I use hot oil treatments a pre-poo once a week. I put the oil on, put on a plastic cap, and sit under the dryer for 20-25 minutes (I think I am the only person I know who actually LIKES sitting under the hair dryer). Then I wash and condition my hair as normal. I can definitely feel and see a difference in my hair if I skip the pre-poo for more than one week.

Back