Hot oil treatments...

Purtygurly

I did a hot oil treatment and my hair came out hard (after air drying and wet setting). Not crunchy or breaking, just not as soft as it usually is. Why would it do that? Has this happened to any of you?

Did you do it as pre-treatment or as a final treatment. I'm wondering that if you did it as a final treatment - maybe it didn't get all rinsed out?

I did it with Africa's Best Carrot Tea Tree oil therapy.

Ingredients: Soybean oil, Carrot oil, Tea tree oil, Walnut oil, Kiwi oil, Olive oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, tocopheryl acetate, safflower oil and calendula extract and Yarrow extract and cucumber extract and carrageenan extract and maticaria extract and thyme extract and ginseng extract and comfrey extract and aloe exxtract, propy paraben, fragrance

I did a pre hot oil treatment with this, shampooed with elsta qp shampoo for relaxed hair, then deep conditioned with keracare humecto.

I think personally it's the tea tree. I've never used a tea tree product that left my hair soft. It has it's beenfits - but soft hair isn't one of them.

Is this an oil that is specifically labeled as a hot oil? Those are the only types that I use for hot oil treatments & find that I have great success. Let me know!

Girl, I don't use oils too much as my hair hates them. The only oil my hair likes is castor oil, I sometimes mix it with a little coconut oil to fool it at times when I want to straighten my new growth.

Back